Jun 04 2007
By: star_girl*~ First Son 1 posts

Can you connect the PSP to PS3? Please help!

9 replies 5470 views Edited Jun 4, 2007
I've got a PSP and PS3 and have heard that you can connect the Portable to the PS3 to play games on the tv. I can't work out how to do it! Can someone help me, I don't know if it's possible or not??
Message 1 of 10 (5,470 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5320 posts

Re: Can you connect the PSP to PS3? Please help!

Jun 4, 2007
Well I don't have a PSP but I know it has something to do with remote play in both menus for the PS3 and the PSP.
Message 2 of 10 (5,470 Views)
0 Likes
Big Daddy
20171 posts

Jun 4, 2007
Nope, can't hook the PSP to the PS3 and then play games on the T.V. There is something called Remote Play which allows you to control the PS3's XMB functions, minus the playing of games.
=o
The views expressed in this message are in no way the official views of SCEA and are of a personal nature.
PS.com Moderating Team: Member first, Moderator second.
Message 3 of 10 (5,470 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5320 posts

Jun 4, 2007
Oh haha well there you have it. I guess you can't. Well I was trying to give ya hope.
Message 4 of 10 (5,470 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
6532 posts

Jun 4, 2007

star_girl* wrote:
I've got a PSP and PS3 and have heard that you can connect the Portable to the PS3 to play games on the tv. I can't work out how to do it! Can someone help me, I don't know if it's possible or not??

That exact functionality does not work like that today.  Basically what can be done today is what's called "remote play".  What this means is any media that your PS3 can access, you can play on your PSP (remotely).  So any music,picture, and video  you have on the PS3 can be played on the PSP....but not games (yet).

Launch PS4 || Launch 60GB YLOD || PS3 Slim 1TB || Gaming since October 1977 (Atari VCS launch)
Message 5 of 10 (5,470 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3073 posts

Jun 4, 2007
Remote Play Settings **Connecting your PSP and PS3 in Remote Play**. (56k Warning)

Adjust settings necessary to use the PSP™ system for remote play.

Register Device

Register the PSP™ system to be used for remote play with the PS3™ system. Follow the on-screen instructions to register (pair) the devices.

Connect the PSP™ system and PS3™ system using a USB cable.

On the PSP™ system, select (USB Connection) under (Settings) in the home menu.

On the PS3™ system, select (Remote Play Settings) under (Settings) in the home menu.

Select .

Confirm that the USB connection is established between the PSP™ system and PS3™ system, and then select .
Follow the on-screen instructions to complete the registration (pairing). When the registration is complete, the USB cable can be removed.

Hints
  • The USB cable used with the SIXAXIS™ wireless controller can be used to connect the PSP™ system to the PS3™ system.
  • If you try to register a PSP™ system that is registered with another PS3™ system, the registration (pairing) with the first PS3™ system will be cleared.

Message Edited by dntrd06 on 06-04-2007 04:45 AM
Message 6 of 10 (5,470 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
945 posts

Dec 25, 2008
 Hi.. ok.. so I understand the whole connecting a PSP to a PS3 for remote play so you can access your PS3 through your PSP.  What I want to know is how to transfer files from a PS3 to a PSP.  Often times I'll buy movies that say they have a digital copy.  For some reason they don't work in my computer.  So there has to be some way to put them in the PS3 and then transfer them to the PSP, correct?  I don't see why I couldn't do it.  After all the digital copy is supposed to work in the computer to transfer to a PSP so why can't it do the same thing in a PS3 and then transfer information that way?  If someone already knows how to transfer digital movies (such as Batman Dark Knight) from the special Digital copy disk from a PS3 to a PSP, please let me know ok?  Thanks
Message 7 of 10 (5,470 Views)
0 Likes
Monster Hunter
34 posts

Dec 25, 2008
 thanks for the info.
Message 8 of 10 (5,470 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
2 posts

Dec 30, 2012

When I go to connect my PSP E1002 It says error occurred please help

Message 9 of 10 (5,224 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
2 posts

Re: I dont have the network settings on my psp help

Dec 30, 2012

I dont have the network settings on my psp help i go to the settings on the ps3 and then it says to change the settings on psp system but i cant because there is no network settings.

Message 10 of 10 (5,217 Views)
0 Likes