By: Bacus1 First Son 1 posts

Can u still get the rc game for free?

11 replies 13 views Edited Mar 7, 2012

Can u still get the rc game for free?

Message 1 of 12 (13 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3658 posts

Re: Can u still get the rc game for free?

Mar 7, 2012

why dont you check for yourself?

this is my signature
Message 2 of 12 (13 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
211 posts

Mar 7, 2012

not sure, but after reading all the comments on it i don't even want to bother haha

Message 3 of 12 (13 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
595 posts

Mar 7, 2012

Lol ur loss because u listen to little troll kids

Message 4 of 12 (13 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
189 posts

Mar 7, 2012

The only problems they have been really having with the game is they were expecting it to be a full out motorstorm game and it turns out it is and always was an RC car game with a motorstorm theme. And they are unhappy with the control schemes and not bothering to check to see that you can personalize the controls to however you want them. (particularly having to do with the right analog stick as acceleration and brake instead of the triggers, but you can in fact switch them to triggers.)

So yeah all in all I find it to be a really great game especially if you like RC cars.

Message 5 of 12 (13 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
595 posts

Mar 7, 2012

How is it the games fault they cant read its pretty obvious that it was an RC game

Message 6 of 12 (13 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
189 posts

Mar 7, 2012

no kidding extorting, no kidding.

Message 7 of 12 (13 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
8 posts

Mar 7, 2012

"How is it the games fault they cant read its pretty obvious that it was an RC game"

I mostly agree with you.  However, I think the decision to promote this as a Motorstorm title is partially responsible for the backlash. 

It really bears little resemblance to previous Motorstorm games, by selling it as a Motorstorm game, they will get more attention from people who enjoyed previous games in the Motorstorm series.  Players who enjoyed previous motorstorm games will go into the game with high expectations and the drastic switch from offroad extreme racer to top down RC car game will alienate a large portion of their audience.

Basically, if the game had a different name, nobody would complain about it being an RC car game.  Although giving the game a different name would have led to significantly less revenue.  

Message 8 of 12 (13 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5189 posts

Mar 8, 2012

WretchedRyan wrote:

"How is it the games fault they cant read its pretty obvious that it was an RC game"

I mostly agree with you.  However, I think the decision to promote this as a Motorstorm title is partially responsible for the backlash. 

It really bears little resemblance to previous Motorstorm games, by selling it as a Motorstorm game, they will get more attention from people who enjoyed previous games in the Motorstorm series.  Players who enjoyed previous motorstorm games will go into the game with high expectations and the drastic switch from offroad extreme racer to top down RC car game will alienate a large portion of their audience.

Basically, if the game had a different name, nobody would complain about it being an RC car game.  Although giving the game a different name would have led to significantly less revenue. 

Players who enjoyed the previous Motorstorm games would have seen the press and previews of this game before it came out and realized it was and RC racer, even I saw that and I have not played Motorstorm before.

Message 9 of 12 (13 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
11159 posts

Mar 8, 2012

Back to the original question:

If it's like Sprint's Rag Doll Kung Fu thing a couple years ago, it will be free for a week or two.

If you don't currently own a Vita, and you plan on buying one in the future, it couldn't hurt to 'buy' it on the PS3 store.  That way, when you get your Vita, you can go to your download list later and download it.

Message 10 of 12 (13 Views)
0 Likes