Highlighted
Sep 04 2012
By: Blaze_Octane44 Sackboy 574 posts
Accepted Solution

Can the internal vita battery be replaced?

28 replies 29231 views Edited Sep 4, 2012
Was wondering if when my battery evntually dies can we the consumer easily replace the internal battery? I seen a webpage with vita opened up and it looks simple to replace but not sure if its that easy or what? Anybody know this?
Gamer till the End
Message 1 of 29 (29,231 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
339 posts

Re: Can the internal vita battery be replaced?

[ Edited ]
Sep 4, 2012

That battery is never going to die no matter how much usage you get, I'm sure its a powerful battery that can last very long time. I think the only reason to change the battery would to be put in a stronger battery that makes the Vitas Battery life last longer. 

Message 2 of 29 (29,221 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
694 posts

Sep 4, 2012

I believe if you open the vita you void the warranty... i'd probably ask this question maybe like 4 - 6 years down the line when the battery charges begin to dwindle... as with majority of internal battery machines go... but don't think of the system as like a laptop whose battery lasts like a year before users must constantly have them connected to a wall... the Vita battery is pretty good and should last a while... 

Message 3 of 29 (29,189 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
131 posts

[ Edited ]
Sep 4, 2012

I have seen videos of people opening and removing the Vitas battery with not much of a problem. Its very easy to do if you are use to open up electronics. The battery itself can be easily removed without affecting anything on the systems hardware. For me it wouldnt be weird if in the near future they start to offer some battery replacement kits for the Vita.

Message 4 of 29 (29,183 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
574 posts

Sep 4, 2012
Hope ur right optimusC suck if u cldnt replace the battery when ur vita still be good. With asmuch charging the vita needs constantly i cant see it lasting 5-6 yrs. Least not mine as i use mine not only for gaming but multimedia device n its on from 6am till 10pm n used pretty regularly them hrs
Gamer till the End
Message 5 of 29 (29,180 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
116 posts

Sep 4, 2012

"That battery is never going to die no matter how much usage you get"

I wouldn't bet the bank on that one. Eventually, just as all rechargeable batteries it will lose its charge quicker and eventually stop taking a charge. Now, whether this is two years or ten years, I don't know. But it won't last forever.

Message 6 of 29 (29,173 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
339 posts

Sep 4, 2012
If the battery dies, the Vita should still be able to run off a plug right? Tho, I personally hate having the plug in while I'm gaming.
Message 7 of 29 (29,166 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
70 posts

Sep 4, 2012
There is no warranty sticker, you can open up the vita without any problems. I opened mine up because it messed up. I tried to fix it and couldn't, then I closed it up and sent it to sony and was mailed a new psvita. Yes it's really easy to open.
Message 8 of 29 (29,161 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
574 posts

Sep 4, 2012
Good question achillesVsHector im doubting it tho as it seems whenever your plugged in it constantly auto charges ur battery. Thwt tells me without gd battery the vita may not take power. Just a guess tho!
Gamer till the End
Message 9 of 29 (29,149 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
2090 posts

[ Edited ]
Sep 4, 2012

bka4u2c wrote:

"That battery is never going to die no matter how much usage you get"

I wouldn't bet the bank on that one. Eventually, just as all rechargeable batteries it will lose its charge quicker and eventually stop taking a charge. Now, whether this is two years or ten years, I don't know. But it won't last forever.

i have had my psp go last 4+ years and still has not lost any battery life. so if the ps vita is anything like the psp go then it will last a good while.(btw yeah i played my psp go alot.)  also by the 2 year mark anyway ps vita will be on its 3thrd or 2nd interaction that you could upgrade to if you so wanted. since we all know that it will have a better battery by the 2nd one.

http://share.blog.us.playstation.com/ideas/2012/07/21/option-to-buy-avatars-on-my-playstation-vita/
Message 10 of 29 (29,125 Views)