Highlighted
Mar 17 2012
By: Pyrosma First Son 1 posts

Can't give Sony my money

8 replies 63 views Edited Mar 17, 2012

The title says it all.  I logged into my account to add funds to my wallet to buy a PSP game for my Vita.  Since I can't add $14.99 I figured I'd add $10, then $5 (which is ridiculous.  I should be able to type the exact amount, which I'm pretty sure I did a few weeks ago.)  I was able to add the $10, but when I tried to add $5 more I got an invalid credit card error.  So I update my credit card info, but I still can't add the $5.

Okay, I think, I'll place my order from my Vita.  The store recognized I had $10 in my wallet and said it would charge my stored credit card $5 at checkout (note: not the $4.99 I actually owe to purchase the game).  Being semi intelligent I try place my order from the Vita.  It fails with a network not available error.  Hmm, I think, let me check my network connection with the Vita browser, even though I know my network connection is fine, since I'm in the flippin store trying to check out.  Of course the browser connection is fine.

End of story.  I can't buy the game.  It's particularly sad when you consider I was already willing to pay the additional cost of having to using expensive, proprietary Sony memory to download the game.

Wow. 

Message 1 of 9 (63 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
4 posts

Re: Can't give Sony my money

Mar 17, 2012

yeah i know what you mean, i bought diver76 and carnivore:dinosaur hunter and then tried to buy daxter and it was all (error fml) idk why its so out Of wack. for the longest time it wouldnt even let me buy anything, then all of a sudden it works For less than an hour , then it just starts saying cannot add funds or the stupid network thing wtf.....................................sony if you can hear me theres a large percent of costumers having this same problem, please fix it, i noticed you gave us ways of trying to fix it but that doesnt work, please fix this.....................im starting to think theres a ghost  in the system lol

Message 2 of 9 (63 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
4982 posts

Mar 17, 2012

They've probably lost massive amounts of money simply because checkout can sometimes be a hastle.

semajmarc87
My YouTube | My Twitter
220+ Subscribers | 1,500+ Followers
Message 3 of 9 (63 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
75 posts

Mar 17, 2012

hmm seems weird i've always been able to just use the "buy now" then "confirm purchase" and it would just charge card amount game is, did they end up changing that on vita? havent bought anything yet.

Message 4 of 9 (63 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
13655 posts

Mar 17, 2012

Do note that if you try to buy something and don't have the funds for it (But you have a credit card on your account) that it will automatically add the EXACT amount you need (assuming the purchase is $5 or more or the difference between your wallet and the price of the item is $5 or more)

So if you buy a $7.99 game for example, and you have $0, it will auto add $7.99 (so you don't have to add $10).

Maybe you just reached the credit card limit

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Message 5 of 9 (63 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
17 posts

Mar 17, 2012

You can pick up the PREPAID american express card from target, and can re-load between 00.01 and  $1,000 whatever you put, thats it. Then go home and change PS's account infomation and PSN use prepiad card without problem. thats what i do ..

Message 6 of 9 (63 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
4 posts

Mar 17, 2012

Is there another official playstation store to download psp or ps vita game from?

Message 7 of 9 (63 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5189 posts

Mar 19, 2012

thoughtyoulived wrote:

Is there another official playstation store to download psp or ps vita game from?

There is only the official store with many different regions depending on which geographic region your account is registered to.

Message 8 of 9 (63 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

Mar 20, 2012

HEUREKA !!!

I solved the problem !!!

I had the same problem, i couldnt add funds to my account about two weeks, but then I remembered that now is 2012, so I have new credit card (same bank and same card but in few years they always send new card) and new expires date numbers on my new credit card. All you have to do is enter "billing information" and change your old credit card info to match new credit card info, and Voila! That's it!

And yes you can thank me

(and sorry for bad english)

Message 9 of 9 (63 Views)
0 Likes