Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Jan 11 2011
By: sirfrodo First Son 4 posts

Can't get into PSN - Network Issues?

14 replies 3799 views Edited Jan 11, 2011

Hey all,

So when I go to set up my internet connection via wireless, it is only checking to secure the IP Address and Internet Connection. It doesn't even attempt to sign into the PSN. Really need to get on there, too. Do I have a setting enabled that is preventing this, or is it my router?

Please help!

Sirfrodo

Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 15 (3,799 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
134 posts

Re: Can't get into PSN - Network Issues?

Jan 13, 2011

Have you tried manually signing in? From what I read, it sounds like you don't have your PS3 set to auto sign-in.

Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 15 (3,799 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
4 posts

Jan 13, 2011

Thanks for replying, but no, this doesn't seem to be the issue either. Exactly what's happening is when I manually sign in, the message pops up: The connection to the Playstation Network has timed out.

Through my internet settings, Playstation Network isn't even an option being run through when testing the connection. I don't know what could have happen.

I tried going through my router manufacturer to check if all the correct ports are open. In my Firewall virtual servers, all ports are typed corrected with the appropriate TCP or UDP code. Still, I get nothing.

By the way, I tried power cycling last night, too.

Are there any other suggestions?

Please use plain text.
Message 3 of 15 (3,799 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5250 posts

Jan 13, 2011

Assign your PS3 a different static ip. Instructions here:

http://portforward.com/networking/staticip-ps3-playstation-3.htm

Then go to this page click the skip ad tab in the upper right corner and scroll down and find your router:

http://portforward.com/networking/staticip-ps3-playstation-3.htm

Then open the following ports:

TCP: 80

10070-10080

UDP: 3478

Then on the other PS3 put it into your routers DMZ:

http://adamcook.wordpress.com/2008/04/04/how-to-get-flawless-online-gaming-with-your-ps3/

Also for your DNS servers for DNS1 use your routers ip address and for DNS2 use 208.67.222.222

Please use plain text.
Message 4 of 15 (3,799 Views)
First Son
4 posts

Jan 15, 2011

So I did all of what you told me, going through the proper manual settings and changing the static IP. Now when I got to the test connection page, the final part, my side of the PS3 still only tests for:

Obtain IP Address: Succeeded

Internet Connection: Succeeded

All the other stuff, like succeeding through PSN and confirming the rest of the settings (DNS, UPnP, etc.), none of that is present on the screen. I physically cannot log into PSN because of that.

It's like my PS3 isn't recognizing my connection or I don't have an account.

Do you have an answer for this? Please say yes...

Thanks

Please use plain text.
Message 5 of 15 (3,799 Views)
PlayStation MVP
993 posts

Jan 15, 2011

My PS3 has been doing that recently to me a lot. I honestly think the network cards on the slim models are inferior to the original PS3s. My fatty's still work fine off of the network I have set up. However, I keep having problems with my current PS3. I work in computer networking so I know all the steps to take with the router, network, and configurations. However, I keep getting these similar issues. It's quite annoying.

Please use plain text.
Message 6 of 15 (3,799 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

Apr 14, 2011

Did you ever get yours to work? I am having the same issue.. I have tried everything.

I still get the same thing

PlaystationNetwork  Failed

Please use plain text.
Message 7 of 15 (3,799 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
10 posts

Apr 20, 2011

add another one to the list...downloaded a heap of demos on monday..yesterday it was giving me the boot every so often on cod, now i just recieve the 80710092 error message and no connection...

Please use plain text.
Message 8 of 15 (3,799 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1083 posts

Apr 21, 2011

I keep getting that the connection tot he Network has timed out.  I can access the PSN on my PS3 but not on my PSP? any help for PSP?

“Never be afraid to raise your voice for honesty and truth and compassion against injustice and lying and greed. If people all over the world...would do this, it would change the earth.”
― William Faulkner
Please use plain text.
Message 9 of 15 (3,799 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

Jul 18, 2011

well i cant get into account management. i really wanna change some stuff on there i really wish sony would really work on their website

Please use plain text.
Message 10 of 15 (3,799 Views)
0 Likes