Dec 29 2012
By: DropkickMurphy9 Monster Hunter 33 posts

Can't download software updates for games?

12 replies 176 views Edited Dec 29, 2012

New to the forum, maybe somebody here can help me. I just picked up a few new games (AC3, Black Ops 2 and a couple others) and I'm unable to download software updates for any of my games, old or new. This is something that happened suddenly and I have no idea why. I'm getting the network timeout error code (80710723) but I know it has nothing to do with my connection, since I'm connected to PSN and obviously the internet, and I have two iPhones connected to my WIFI.

It's very annoying and I have no idea what's causing it. I downloaded a firmware update for the console just fine, but the software updates for individual games aren't even starting, and when they are I'm getting some outrageous time remaining number like 2000 minutes or more. I just called PSN support and they were pretty useless, guy told me he's gotten tons of calls since last night about the same issue and it has nothing to do with anyone's internet connection.

I've already tried both wireless and hardwired connections, I've turned off the media server, I've set my DNS manually and nothing is working. Anybody know how to fix this or what in the hell is going on?

Message 1 of 13 (176 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
4 posts

Re: Can't download software updates for games?

Dec 29, 2012

Having the same issue, **bleep**, your not alone.....someone help, I can't play my two new games, it stops right when it begins the download update.

Message 2 of 13 (164 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
4 posts

Dec 29, 2012

Well I gave up trying to update for right now, something on psn's side not ours I'm guessing. But when the screen comes up to update you can hit cancel and still play your game. Not sure if you were aware of that, just a heads up. Good Luck.

Message 3 of 13 (159 Views)
0 Likes
Monster Hunter
33 posts

Dec 29, 2012

I feel like this can't just be a coincidence and maybe it's something that's localized to one ISP? If anyone sees this thread who's having the same issue, post your ISP.

I'm on Verizon FIOS.

Message 4 of 13 (153 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
4 posts

Dec 29, 2012

verizon fios here too

Message 5 of 13 (146 Views)
0 Likes
Monster Hunter
33 posts

I don't know how this can just be a coincidence. Mind if...

Dec 29, 2012

I don't know how this can just be a coincidence. Mind if I ask where you're located? I'm in NYC.

Message 6 of 13 (143 Views)
0 Likes
Big Daddy
16918 posts

Re: I don't know how this can just be a coincidence. Mind if...

Dec 29, 2012

I've updated GT5 in 1 hour last night....

Something is wrong with your connections.

Furiously Chaosing
Message 7 of 13 (137 Views)
0 Likes
Monster Hunter
33 posts

Dec 29, 2012

Nothing is wrong with our connections, I'm hardwired to my desktop, on my laptop and two iPhones with my WIFI and I've tried WIFI and hardwired with my PS3 - I can't update anything. Unless you're on FIOS, you can't say it's our connections. I'm a private network tech, I make a living off this. I feel like it's isolated to FIOS.

Message 8 of 13 (131 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
4 posts

Dec 29, 2012

long island...

Message 9 of 13 (128 Views)
0 Likes
Monster Hunter
33 posts

Dec 29, 2012

That's proof enough for me. It's gotta be localized to FIOS and this area. There's no way it's just a coincidence. I'll give FIOS a call a little later, see if they're having any problems in the area. You should probably do the same.

Message 10 of 13 (126 Views)
0 Likes