Splicer
67 posts

Re: Can't decide which version to get

Feb 14, 2012

unless sony put a 4G reciever chip into the PSVITA, it will never support 4G. they are two entiely different wavelengths (for lack of a better word)

oh and

I say the 3G, in a matter of time there may be an awesome app that only runs on the 3G PSVITA

Please use plain text.
Message 11 of 14 (1 View)
0 Likes
Splicer
87 posts

Feb 14, 2012

you do get access to the at&t wifi hotspots which is like every mcdonalds(there are 4 mcd within 5 miles of my house) in the US as well as quite a few other areas. I thought they mentioned something about 4LTE being on vitas in the future, not sure how they plan on doing that unless its a firmware/software upgrade

Please use plain text.
Message 12 of 14 (1 View)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
172 posts

Feb 14, 2012

Mudman007 wrote:

It's not only 10 dollars more. You have to pay 15 or 30 extra dollars depending on the plan you want in order to redeem your "free game" and "free month". So really it's like 25 or 40 dollars more. And suppossedly you don't even get super stardust until a month after your paid month expires. If I were you I would get the wifi version. Me personally, I couldn't wait the extra week so I'm getting the first edition bundle. But that still doesn't defeat the fact that I still feel that the 3g bundles are an absolute rip off in a way.

I'm in the same situation. You don't really wan't the 3G but the FEB comes out in 7 hours.

Please use plain text.
Message 13 of 14 (1 View)
0 Likes
Splicer
67 posts

Feb 18, 2012

TYLERDURDEN71 wrote:

you do get access to the at&t wifi hotspots which is like every mcdonalds(there are 4 mcd within 5 miles of my house) in the US as well as quite a few other areas. I thought they mentioned something about 4LTE being on vitas in the future, not sure how they plan on doing that unless its a firmware/software upgrade

it is not possible to have an update to make the 3G service 4G. Sony would have to create and ship an entirely new PSVITA, because the antenna is made for only 3G. It is impossible to have a 3G antenna recieve 4G signal.

Please use plain text.
Message 14 of 14 (1 View)
0 Likes