Jan 13 2013
By: komentra Monster Hunter 42 posts

Can't continue L.A Noire (PSN download).

7 replies 1181 views Edited Jan 13, 2013

Last night I purchased the Ultimate Edition of LA Noire from the store and then downloaded everything that came with it (which is everything - including all released DLC). I've progressed in the game to the point where I am now starting homicide and each time I try to continue my game it says "Homicide Desk not downloaded" and then it ask's me if I would like to go to the PlayStation Store and download the desk. I've already downloaded it but none the less I choose "yes" and it opens the store and I click on Homicide Desk and it say's "No Content was found".

Pretty upset about all this to say the least. Game has frozen about three times in the short time I've played it and now I can't even continue the story after spending 40 bucks and waiting about 12 hours for all 17 gb's to download.

Was just wondering if anyone has any idea on how to get this to work? I posted this in the PS3 section and the PSN section since I wasn't sure which would be more fitting. Mod's feel free to move this to a different section if I made a mitake.

Any help is appreciated, thanks.

Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 8 (1,181 Views)
0 Likes
Monster Hunter
42 posts

Re: Can't continue L.A Noire (PSN download).

Jan 13, 2013
Just found this support post on the Rockstar Games site: http://support.rockstargames.com/entries/20799457-l-a-noire-digital-download-only-containing-the-fir...

It says that the initial download only contains the first two desks and that the other three have to be downloaded in-game.

That's a relief however when I try to download the other 3 desks in-game from the PS Store it say's that no content was found. Who do I contact about fixing this? Rockstar or Sony? I''m leaning towards Sony since there store is the one telling me that the rest of the game isn't available.
Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 8 (1,168 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
23770 posts

Jan 13, 2013

You might want to contact both, just to cover all bases.

The game is only $20 now. You could have avoided this by purchasing a disc version. I know that discs aren't "future tech" like downloads, but it would have alleviated this problem.

Please use plain text.
Message 3 of 8 (1,155 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
16286 posts

Message 5 of 8 (1,140 Views)
0 Likes
Monster Hunter
42 posts

[ Edited ]
Jan 13, 2013

Wait, a solution was posted in the other post that I made which has now been removed? What was it?

I got a response from PlayStation Consumer Services today and it didn't help at all and was told if that didn't help to contact Rockstar which I already did prior to contacting them but am waiting on a response. I hope they can help but I am expecting them to tell me to contact Playstation since it seems to be a problem with their store. What makes me think that is because I found a forum post 22 pages long on the official Xbox 360 forums with people saying they had the same problem and it was eventually fixed. I however have not found anybody reporting this problem on PS3 so I couldn't find any help.

Playstation support told me to make sure I was logged into the account that purchased it which is a no brainer but I can see how some less than tech savvy people might make that mistake. They went on to tell me that I could find my DLC under download list or services. They didn't seem to understand my problem at all. The three desks do not show up under download list or services because they have to be downloaded within the game because the intial download only has the first two. That is something Rockstar admits and I included a link to that in my support ticket. However I can't download those remaining desks because I get a "no content was found" message even though next to each desk it says "Owned - Get Content".

Extremely frustrated. 

Please use plain text.
Message 6 of 8 (1,117 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
16286 posts

Message 4 of 8 (1,120 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
16286 posts

Jan 14, 2013

komentra wrote:

Wait, a solution was posted in the other post that I made which has now been removed? What was it?

I got a response from PlayStation Consumer Services today and it didn't help at all and was told if that didn't help to contact Rockstar which I already did prior to contacting them but am waiting on a response. I hope they can help but I am expecting them to tell me to contact Playstation since it seems to be a problem with their store. What makes me think that is because I found a forum post 22 pages long on the official Xbox 360 forums with people saying they had the same problem and it was eventually fixed. I however have not found anybody reporting this problem on PS3 so I couldn't find any help.

Playstation support told me to make sure I was logged into the account that purchased it which is a no brainer but I can see how some less than tech savvy people might make that mistake. They went on to tell me that I could find my DLC under download list or services. They didn't seem to understand my problem at all. The three desks do not show up under download list or services because they have to be downloaded within the game because the intial download only has the first two. That is something Rockstar admits and I included a link to that in my support ticket. However I can't download those remaining desks because I get a "no content was found" message even though next to each desk it says "Owned - Get Content".

Extremely frustrated. 

Now you know why you shouldn't spam multiple threads. It makes me frustrated too. The frustration leads to not wanting to help.

Please use plain text.
Message 7 of 8 (1,087 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
3 posts

Feb 23, 2014

Guys if you look in your list of previous downloads you will find the desks, apparently the in-game link is broken. Took me forever to figure this out but just look carefully and you should find it. :-)

Please use plain text.
Message 8 of 8 (684 Views)
0 Likes