Highlighted
Mar 15 2011
By: The_New_Leader First Son 1 posts

Can't connect to PSN

2 replies 17 views Edited Mar 15, 2011

Okay, so here it goes. I just got a PS3 the other day. I set it up, and it connected right away, no problems. Well, today, I tried to connect, and it is giving me the DNS error. I have Comcast and i connect wireless via my Linksys WRT54G firmware v8.0.0.8 and have no problem connecting on my Xbox 360 which is sitting next to my PS3. I have tried everything. I have used Comcast's DNS, the free DNS provided in other posts here. I set my router up to use those as well. I have my ports fowarded, I have power cycled my modem and router and have unplugged my PS3 each time. I still can't get my internet connection test to work. It obtains the IP address but fails for my internet connected. I am ONLY having this problem on my PS3, everything else in my appartment will connect to the internet. Any help?

Message 1 of 3 (17 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
14 posts

Re: Can't connect to PSN

Mar 15, 2011

For all of my DNS Problems this fixes all.

1st Soulution

1. Go to the XMB Menu
  2. Go to Settings
  3. Network
  4. Connection Test

Make sure for the first three things make sure they say Succeeded

If that works try reconnecting.

Now im in the middle of Search and Destroy if that solution didnt work please tell me and i will give you the others.

Message 2 of 3 (17 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
54 posts

Re: Can't connect to PSN

Mar 15, 2011

New router lol. I have the same one and I have sooooooo many problems.. I want to get the Linksys E3000

Message 3 of 3 (17 Views)
0 Likes