Apr 04 2010
By: phade2blaq Splicer 94 posts

Can't add funds to PSN store account via Credit Card

11 replies 1743 views Edited Apr 4, 2010
So I tried to add funds to my PSN store wallet via my Master Card and I got a message telling me the information I entered was not valid which isn't true ! How can I resolve this issue !
Message 1 of 12 (1,743 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
241 posts

Re: Can't add funds to PSN store account via Credit Card

Apr 4, 2010

Try buying a PSN card...

Message 2 of 12 (1,743 Views)
Fender Bender
3210 posts

Apr 4, 2010

phade2blaq wrote:
So I tried to add funds to my PSN store wallet via my Master Card and I got a message telling me the information I entered was not valid which isn't true ! How can I resolve this issue !

Make sure your entire street address is on the first line (leave the second line blank); also try removing punctuation.

If that doesn't work, make a trip to Blockbuster and buy a PSN card.  It's guaranteed to work.

Message 3 of 12 (1,744 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
94 posts

Apr 4, 2010
Thanks for the reply ! I'll check my information and see if i can figure it out !
Message 4 of 12 (1,744 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
94 posts

Apr 4, 2010
If you can't add any helpful information relative to the question I asked, then don't comment at all ! I can buy a ton of PSN cards and I can buy and sell you all day 24/7 ! I prefer using my cc as opposed to buying a psn card and as such Sony needs to get their fickle set up fixed ! They should remove the cc option as a payment method if they want people to buy psn cards ! I never had any issue setting up my xbox live subscription using the same cc so I'm not sure why it's an issue with the PSN !
Message 5 of 12 (1,744 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3210 posts

Apr 4, 2010

phade2blaq wrote:
If you can't add any helpful information relative to the question I asked, then don't comment at all ! I can buy a ton of PSN cards and I can buy and sell you all day 24/7 ! I prefer using my cc as opposed to buying a psn card and as such Sony needs to get their fickle set up fixed ! They should remove the cc option as a payment method if they want people to buy psn cards ! I never had any issue setting up my xbox live subscription using the same cc so I'm not sure why it's an issue with the PSN !

Wow.  Someone has issues.

Message 6 of 12 (1,744 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

Aug 1, 2010

No.. you just didn't answer his question. Don't get touchy when you decide to make up your own solutions that don't fit the question.

Message 7 of 12 (1,744 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

Sep 20, 2010

Just tried to add funds to the wallet and on both ps3 and pc I got the error message.  I've also noticed that every time I enter the security code for the cc it won't save the numbers.  Isn't it supposed to save show up as ****?  Not sure if that's a real problem or not, but nothing else works.  Old problem now psn...

Message 8 of 12 (1,744 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
556 posts

Sep 21, 2010
this has been a problem for ages. i tried to updat my cc info a few years ago and since then i cant use it any more. I even called the help line and spoke to someone for like an hour trying different ways of entering the cc info and in the end nothing worked and the person on the line had no other solutions for me. I've had to buy PSN cards ever since then. And while its great that its an alternative it can be a bit of an inconvenience when I can't get to a store when I need funds in the PSN wallet. This is something that Sony should have fixed a long time ago. :-/
Message 9 of 12 (1,744 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5406 posts

Sep 21, 2010

AmazonAgent wrote:
this has been a problem for ages. i tried to updat my cc info a few years ago and since then i cant use it any more. I even called the help line and spoke to someone for like an hour trying different ways of entering the cc info and in the end nothing worked and the person on the line had no other solutions for me. I've had to buy PSN cards ever since then. And while its great that its an alternative it can be a bit of an inconvenience when I can't get to a store when I need funds in the PSN wallet. This is something that Sony should have fixed a long time ago. :-/

I had the same problem since firmware 3.40 was released.  Last night after updating to 3.50 I attempted to purchase the RDR add-on from the Store and it went right through.  I'm not sure if everyone's funding issues have been resolved, but give it a try after updating your firmware.

Message 10 of 12 (1,744 Views)
0 Likes