Jan 27 2013
By: Evdogg1 I Only Post Everything 1073 posts

Can't access store, use Vudu, etc

[ Edited ]
2 replies 273 views Edited Jan 28, 2013

I seem to be having some peculiar PSN problems.  I noticed, this past Friday, that I couldn't use Vudu.  I was able to start the app, and browse selections (after an abnormally long screen load time), and if I try to preview a title, it times out.  I tried the connection test from within Vudu and this also comes back with an error message.

Next, I tried accessing the PS Store, but cannot.  I'm prompted to download an update to access the store, but the download screen just sits there, and eventually I get an error message with that too. 

On the other hand, I AM able to sign into the network, use Netflix, and even play a game online (Crysis 2). 

Any ideas what's going on?  PSN issue, or something else?

The error message I'm getting from the PS store update download screen is 80710723.

Thanks

Message 1 of 3 (273 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
3 posts

Re: Can't access store, use Vudu, etc

Jan 28, 2013
Same here.
Message 2 of 3 (259 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
225 posts

Re: Can't access store, use Vudu, etc

Jan 28, 2013

i'm also having this issue. netflix works online gaming works.  vudu work but really really slow i run vudu speed test i get nothing for speed. i try to download hustle kings patch and zen pinball 2 patch and it says downloading then finally after waiting it starts and say i have 1362mins remaining for a 16mb patch. i then goto psn store try downloading a game trailer and the same thing happens i get 642mins remaining for a 78mb file and the time keeps going up.

so i'll try a game demo and after going thru all the b,s, of confiming i finally get to download it. i choose download and guess what for a 998mb file it was 5min remaining and downloads and installs but wait i press x to start and theres a patch and it says 945+min remaining for a 6865k file.

i reset modem, router, brought home a gadget to test my ethernet line, ran download file test on my computers, no buffering while streaming online videos.  i get 30down and 5up. my ps3 is in dmz, static address. after re-checking everything i call sony and explain in detail about the problem they said they can help me by opening so ports on my router. i told them why when i have it in dmz. so they tell me its my isp because psn is up and running fine..

side note. before the psn maintence i had no problem becasue i downloaded the free ps+ game that released that tues before maintence and it work and patch worked for the game also. after psn maintence tues arrives and another free game for ps+ game download fast but patch was a no go. told the sony rep and he blamed my isp because the psn is up and working fine.

i'm thinking something got messed up during the maintence that did it. i mean they say psn will be down for 12hrs but then it lasts until early saturday morning..

Message 3 of 3 (229 Views)
0 Likes