Reply
Nov 11 2012
By: iiBolTzHD Monster Hunter 33 posts
Offline

Can someone tell me if this is good?

11 replies 151 views Edited Nov 11, 2012

http://www.speedtest.net/result/2299871081.pngIs this good internet for gaming? Is it normal for my ping to be that low?

Message 1 of 12 (151 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Monster Hunter
Registered: 09/03/2011
Offline
33 posts
 

Re: Can someone tell me if this is good?

Nov 11, 2012

Can anyone **bleep** reply to this post.?????

Message 2 of 12 (140 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
Registered: 07/08/2012
Offline
1283 posts
 

Re: Can someone tell me if this is good?

Nov 11, 2012
That ping number only identifies how fast your connection is transferring data from you to that server in particular. If you're playing a game your ping is going to be different. It depends on the game servers location and factors like everything between your connetion and the servers. Now as for those results, they're good for gaming.

Why are you asking?
Message 3 of 12 (137 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Monster Hunter
Registered: 09/03/2011
Offline
33 posts
 

Re: Can someone tell me if this is good?

Nov 11, 2012

Im asking cause I always get 3 bars on CoD and it's really annoying!

Message 4 of 12 (126 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Wastelander
Registered: 05/28/2012
Offline
766 posts
 

Re: Can someone tell me if this is good?

Nov 11, 2012

your download speed is extremely low. ping is eh and upload is bleh

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
trophy huting currently

Message 5 of 12 (108 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
MVP Support
Registered: 05/12/2009
Online
9292 posts
 

Re: Can someone tell me if this is good?

Nov 11, 2012

iiBolTzHD wrote:

Im asking cause I always get 3 bars on CoD and it's really annoying!


Especially if you're playing wirelessely, your ping will not be as accurate as depicted on speedtest.

Call of duty also provides listen servers, so you're relying on somebody else's connection instead of your own.

Message 6 of 12 (95 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
Registered: 07/08/2012
Offline
1283 posts
 

Re: Can someone tell me if this is good?

Nov 11, 2012

Las_Plagas1 wrote:

your download speed is extremely low. ping is eh and upload is bleh


You have  no idea what you're talking about. His download speeds are perfect for gaming, the ping is fine, and the upload isn't that great, but it's sufficient.

Message 7 of 12 (89 Views)
MVP Support
Registered: 05/12/2009
Online
9292 posts
 

Re: Can someone tell me if this is good?

Nov 11, 2012

FidelityNy wrote:

Las_Plagas1 wrote:

your download speed is extremely low. ping is eh and upload is bleh


You have  no idea what you're talking about. His download speeds are perfect for gaming, the ping is fine, and the upload isn't that great, but it's sufficient.


I think he was just trolling.

Message 8 of 12 (81 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Wastelander
Registered: 05/28/2012
Offline
766 posts
 

Re: Can someone tell me if this is good?

[ Edited ]
Nov 11, 2012

Emerald_Swords wrote:

FidelityNy wrote:

Las_Plagas1 wrote:

your download speed is extremely low. ping is eh and upload is bleh


You have  no idea what you're talking about. His download speeds are perfect for gaming, the ping is fine, and the upload isn't that great, but it's sufficient.


I think he was just trolling.


si senor i was. though not about the upload and download speeds. download might be decent but upload really was bleh

 

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
trophy huting currently

Message 9 of 12 (78 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Survivor
Registered: 05/07/2009
Offline
2609 posts
 

Re: Can someone tell me if this is good?

Nov 13, 2012

I say that's pretty okay. Mine is much, much lower and I have no real problems with it so I think you're fine.

Deadly Neurotoxin!
 photo rsz_1rsz_11rsz_1000px-fpsword_zps44b9ca31.png
Message 10 of 12 (52 Views)
Reply
0 Likes