Nov 05 2013
By: Mcal15 Lombax Warrior 171 posts

Can someone create an official unboxing topic?

25 replies 168 views Edited Nov 5, 2013

I am not a fan of unboxing videos, but I do see what purpose they serve to some people either wanting to show off or see whats included in the box, but I see this getting out of hand real fast with only a little over a week until the PS4 is out.

Message 1 of 26 (168 Views)
Uncharted Territory
1480 posts

Re: Can someone create an official unboxing topic?

Nov 5, 2013
Ya put the topic in the no on cares section.
Message 2 of 26 (145 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
171 posts

Nov 5, 2013

waynefiend wrote:
Ya put the topic in the no on cares section.

Unfortunately its not going to stop them from coming like the plague.  At least we could have a place for everyone making videos to feel special and the rest of us can ignore it.

Message 3 of 26 (139 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1480 posts

Nov 5, 2013
Yes. I've said this before but I just don't get unboxing videos or as some people are calling unwrapping videos. Its like when you were a kid and your parents made you watch others open their Christmas presents too. I don't care what other kids toys look like. I want to open mine. And the game unboxing or unwrapping or whatever it is even worse. There is absolutely 0% chance that anyone is going to be excited or caught off guard of what's going to be inside. I mean I do get excited when I get a new game but only when I have a console to put it in.....OK I'm done... Just needed to vent a little and didn't want to do it on some of these others posts.
And I'm sorry in advance for anyone that reads this. But if you made an unboxing video and you come in this thread to argue, you should have known by the the topic that some of us just don't give a **bleep**.
Message 4 of 26 (131 Views)
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
15333 posts

[ Edited ]
Nov 5, 2013

I have no problem with unboxing videos so long as they're a special edition. Just taking the cellophane off of the case and opening it does not warrant a video. But yes, a consolidated unwrapping thread would work wonders. My only issue is that I doubt anyone posting these videos or CDB would like to place their videos in one communal thread.

Imperator Danknovaxperaux Divi filius Imp XIII Pont Max Trib Pot XLIX Cos CXVI Primus Signiferi Box-xy Princeps Moderatores Pater Forum

Fabulous!
Message 5 of 26 (120 Views)
Sackboy
555 posts

[ Edited ]
Nov 5, 2013

I don't get it, Why make a topic about something u don't like! Why even comment on peoples unboxing videos,u don't like it don't comment reply or whatever! People these days!.But u see I am doing the same thing u guys are doing right!

PSN ID Street_Killaz.
PS3 Super Slim 1tb
PS Vita
Ps2
Ps1
PSP
Message 6 of 26 (111 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
171 posts

Nov 5, 2013
Maybe this can be the "Official complain about unboxing videos" thread. A place where we can avoid our urge to troll in the other threads. I'm having a hard time holding back right now especially when I see people posting things like "great video".

Were they somehow surprise that someone opened a case and a game was inside?
Message 7 of 26 (104 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1480 posts

Nov 5, 2013
Because some people dont get on the forums just to bash people. I'm not saying that's what you are doing but if someone is going to post a unboxing video I'm not going to disrupt them. I'll just come to mcal's anti-unboxing thread to vent. As they should all post their YouTube videos in a single topic.
Message 8 of 26 (99 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
171 posts

Nov 5, 2013

Street_Killaz wrote:

I don't get it, Why make a topic about something u don't like! Why even comment on peoples unboxing videos,u don't like it don't comment reply or whatever! People these days!.But u see I am doing the same thing u guys are doing right!

So you dont like topics where people talk about not liking other topics?  Maybe you should create a new topic to discuss the topic I created about not liking topics about people creating topics for unboxing random games and accessories.  All I want is for the topic spamming to stop. (topic use count: 7)

Message 9 of 26 (98 Views)
Uncharted Territory
1480 posts

Nov 5, 2013
We were thinking the same thing mcal. I think we are on to something. Just no name dropping. Only rule I say. We are here to make friends not enemies.
Message 10 of 26 (94 Views)
0 Likes