Splicer
87 posts

Re: Can prepaid Visa or MC gift cards be used on PSN?

Apr 16, 2009

GesWhoseBack wrote:

Sn00pKiLLa wrote:
prepaid visa didnt work for me

Did u register it online?
I live in the Caribbean, so i plan to use the VISA TRAVELMONEY PREPAID CARD.
1. I want to know what you meant by registering the card online, since I bought mines from a local bank. Oh, and the card is RELOADABLE.
2. When adding it on my wallet, do I have to put a cardholders name, and do I have to put billing information? If I have to put billing information how can i do dat since my Caribbean country is not on the PSN country list???
Please help me some!!!!
Message 21 of 25 (1,997 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

Nov 3, 2012

where did u go when u used the the card... I have been trying to use mine and its not working and i have no clue why... :\ i really want this game.. 

Message 22 of 25 (1,957 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

Oct 20, 2013

I just bought 2x 25$ Visa Gift card from Post Canada ( I live in Canada) and they come in 25$-250$ values + activation/load fee charges of course.

Then you have to register the card online by going to www.mybalance.ca (english and french page), enter the card's info (card number,  3 digit security code and the last 4 digit of phone number) to login, you will see the card's total value (25$ in my case).

For registering the card online, go to the Account Activities section, select Register card and click on Go then fill out the form and select Submit registration. When it's done, you can add the registered Visa gift card to your PSN account as if you add a normal credit card. Enter the same info that you used for registering the card online. After that, select the amount the you would like to add to your wallet from the drop list menu and that's.

Message 23 of 25 (1,761 Views)
Ghost of Sparta
13294 posts

Oct 20, 2013

Yes they should work. I can explain why. You need to register the pre paid card online. This ties a name and an adress to the card onliine. Then log into your PS3 and put your card info in. The address you use on the PSN has to be exactly the same for the adress used when registering the pre paid card. This information is checked when yo uuse the card on the PSN. To verify you are the actual holder of the card. It helps to ensure fradulient charges dont occour on the  PSN. Thik of it as when you use a card you are asked your zip code. Its kind of the same feature to ensure you actuall own this card and that some one didnt find it or steal it and now try to use it on the psn

Message 24 of 25 (1,749 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3228 posts

[ Edited ]
Oct 21, 2013

Pre-paid visa'a work, that's how I bought my first online purchase in the store.

Edit. Hi folks, this thread is nearly a year old. Locking it to new replies--if you have questions about pre-paid cards that aren't answered here, feel free to make a new thread about it. Thank you!

--Emmental-er

"I'm not a failure because I didn't win, I'm a failure because I didn't try." - Kev

Youtube: Akirasolid Entertainment

Message 25 of 25 (1,748 Views)
0 Likes