Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Wastelander
665 posts

Re: Can prepaid Visa or MC gift cards be used on PSN?

Apr 14, 2009
They can be used but I would not use them at all ever for anything they charge you a dollar something every time you buy something and they charge you a weekly fee they keep sending me e-mails say i have a negative ballance of $32.74 LOL Im not paying them I through the card away and blocked there e-mails. When I bought it it said no fee's and of course knowing credit card companys there are fee's. All Credit Cards are bad new for everyone SCREW EM'
Uncharted 2 Stats Card by JAKPRO.net - PoWxWoW
Please use plain text.
Message 11 of 25 (1,262 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1983 posts

Apr 14, 2009

PoWxWoW wrote:
They can be used but I would not use them at all ever for anything they charge you a dollar something every time you buy something and they charge you a weekly fee they keep sending me e-mails say i have a negative ballance of $32.74 LOL Im not paying them I through the card away and blocked there e-mails. When I bought it it said no fee's and of course knowing credit card companys there are fee's. All Credit Cards are bad new for everyone SCREW EM'

How did you get to -$32.74? Thats weird.

Please use plain text.
Message 12 of 25 (1,262 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3376 posts

Apr 14, 2009

PoWxWoW wrote:

are u sure its okie for u to ignore them?do they have ur info and stuff? you might get bad credit score or idk

Please use plain text.
Message 13 of 25 (1,262 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1712 posts

Apr 14, 2009
Yes, they do work. I used a $100 Visa prepaid debit girftcard I got for my birthday on PSN multiple times.
Please use plain text.
Message 14 of 25 (1,262 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
164 posts

Apr 14, 2009

My HSBC Solo card works!

Charlie

Please use plain text.
Message 15 of 25 (1,262 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
87 posts

Apr 14, 2009
Can you guys reply as soon as possible? Can The VISA MONEYTRAVEL CARD BE USED ON PSN?
Please use plain text.
Message 16 of 25 (1,262 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3406 posts

Apr 14, 2009
Good question. I always thought about this since I am going to get a Visa gift card for online purchases.
SIG: 40 GIG PS3 owner PS3 games:Motor storm & Pacific Rift, Resistance 1&2,MGS4, Sonic Ultimate Sega Genesis Collection,Fallout 3 GOTYE and Burnout Paradise.PSN: Wipe out,Mortal Kombat II,Pain,Tekken2 and Twisted Metal 2,Syphon Filter,Castlevania Chronicles,and Destruction Derby.
Please use plain text.
Message 17 of 25 (1,262 Views)
0 Likes
Umbrella Scientist
13737 posts

Apr 14, 2009

TheBigGreenHoody wrote:
I was told that they do work so long as they're the kind you have to register your personal info to i.e. name and home address etc.  Anyone here ever use one?  Because if it does work I'll probably pick one up since Sony hasn't brought the psn card to Canada yet (hint hint Sony).  So, if anyone can tell me where I can pick up such a card in the GTA (greater Toronto area) I'd be very grateful.  My banks has them but they aren't the type that the user registers.  Thanks.

yes they will work.

http://www.blu-ray.com/community/collection.php?member=Grim%20Reaper
Please use plain text.
Message 18 of 25 (1,262 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3087 posts

Apr 15, 2009

pandaSmore wrote:
vanilla mastercards work.
Bought one and it worked like a charm.  PSN even took into account how much was on the card and told me when I was out of credit.  Thanks! 

“All praises to the Playstation!” - Samuel L. Jackson Snakes On A Plane
Please use plain text.
Message 19 of 25 (1,262 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1991 posts

Apr 15, 2009

PoWxWoW wrote:

I've never had that happen. I know most pre-paid cards carry no fee for 12 months and after that they charge monthly fees (until there's a zero balance); however, I've never heard of them charging per expenditure or per week. Either way, I've never seen a pre-paid card go beyond a zero balance; and I'm pretty sure it's not legal to do so.

One way to deal with it is write a letter to the company and send a copy to your states attorney general (obviously on the letter make sure it says the AG is copied). Be sure to include all terms that were on the card when purchased. This will usually get them to shut up.

It's not really all Credit Card companies that are bad; the issue is there are a few that take advantage of the fact that most consumers don't read any terms to their cards. I don't know how to react to this (personally) on one hand you have a dirty company, on the other hand you have ignorant consumers. So my advise is just be smart and know what you're buying/signing up for.

To the OP: Glad you got it work.

Please use plain text.
Message 20 of 25 (1,262 Views)
0 Likes