Dec 23 2009
By: PayneKiller1509 Fender Bender 3322 posts

Can premium avatars be used on multiple accounts on the same PS3?

17 replies 12291 views Edited Dec 23, 2009

If you have bought any of the avatars can you please tell me if I can use it on an account on my PS3 that I did not buy the avatars on? Like say I buy one of the bundles, I kno obviously can I use one for this account, but my sister use one of the bundled avatars for her PSN ID on her account (same PS3)?

I ask because I know games purchased work this way, the avatar stuff is new and I have a feeling it will work differently so I want to know before I pay for these things.

Message 1 of 18 (12,291 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
229 posts

Re: Can premium avatars be used on multiple accounts on the same PS3?

Dec 23, 2009

PayneKiller1509 wrote:

If you have bought any of the avatars can you please tell me if I can use it on an account on my PS3 that I did not buy the avatars on? Like say I buy one of the bundles, I kno obviously can I use one for this account, but my sister use one of the bundled avatars for her PSN ID on her account (same PS3)?

I ask because I know games purchased work this way, the avatar stuff is new and I have a feeling it will work differently so I want to know before I pay for these things.

I am sure you will be able to put it on your ps3. think it stays with your PSN Id sorta like the games 

Message 2 of 18 (12,291 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3322 posts

Dec 23, 2009
yes from what I saw in other posts it is a download and not just some activation thing, but with games multiple users on the same PS3 can play it, I want to know if it's the same with the avatars, that other users on my PS3 will have access to them or not..
Message 3 of 18 (12,291 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
10864 posts

Dec 23, 2009

PayneKiller1509 wrote:

good question? I would think an avatar you purchase would be only for the user name you purchase?

Photobucket

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Message 4 of 18 (12,291 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1569 posts

Dec 23, 2009

I just tried using my premiums on my other account on the same PS3 and it doesn't work.

"There are no avatars. You can purchase avatars from PlayStation Store (PS3)."

EDIT: I'll go try my account on my brother's Slim and see if the same thing happens...

EDIT 2: It works on the other PS3 after you download the avatar(s) under the account that bought them, but no one else can use them.

Message Edited by InfinitiProject on 12-23-2009 12:57 AM

Message 5 of 18 (12,291 Views)
First Son
1 posts

Dec 23, 2009

I thought they would work similar to games as well. I have a main account I used accidently registered as UK and bought some games and stuff with my US account that's strictly for purchasing since Sony REFUSES to change my main account region to USA.

Anyways, I purchased the planet pack of avatars and they should up under that account but no other. Really bummed too cause I wanted to use them on mine and my brother's accounts.

I hope they change it so it can be shared with all users on the PS3.

Message 6 of 18 (12,291 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3322 posts

Dec 23, 2009

InfinitiProject wrote:

I just tried using my premiums on my other account on the same PS3 and it doesn't work.

"There are no avatars. You can purchase avatars from PlayStation Store (PS3)."

EDIT: I'll go try my account on my brother's Slim and see if the same thing happens...

EDIT 2: It works on the other PS3 after you download the avatar(s) under the account that bought them, but no one else can use them.

Message Edited by InfinitiProject on 12-23-2009 12:57 AM

Ok thanks this is exactly what I wanted to know. I guess purchasing the bundle would be pointless for me then, I'll just get the one I want for my account.

Message 7 of 18 (12,291 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

Jul 6, 2010

just bought premium avatars there and i dont think you can share them on the same ps3 system

Message 8 of 18 (12,291 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
4902 posts

Jul 6, 2010
The store has wrong info when it says avatars will work on up to five consoles. It only works for the purchasing account.
Message 9 of 18 (12,291 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5406 posts

Jul 6, 2010

SpyDudeFX wrote:
The store has wrong info when it says avatars will work on up to five consoles. It only works for the purchasing account.

They will still work on up to five consoles, but users other than the purchasing user cannot use them.

Message 10 of 18 (12,291 Views)
0 Likes