Reply
Nov 29 2006
By: smc420~ First Son 2 posts
Offline

Can i use a regualar USB headset for chat on my ps2 or do...

8 replies 16 views Edited Nov 29, 2006
Can i use a regualar USB headset for chat on my ps2 or do i need a ps2 headset?
 
Message 1 of 9 (16 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Limit Breaker
Registered: 08/13/2004
Offline
23950 posts
 

Re: Can i use a regualar USB headset for chat on my ps2 or do...

Nov 29, 2006


smc420 wrote:
Can i use a regualar USB headset for chat on my ps2 or do i need a ps2 headset?
 



As long as the USB headset does not require drivers, it should work fine. Bluetooth headsets also work, if you're interested, but people seem to be having problems with them as some of the ports are being blocked and you have to sync them each time.
- DoubleOSpoon
Message 2 of 9 (16 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
Registered: 10/07/2006
Offline
178 posts
 

Re: Can i use a regualar USB headset for chat on my ps2 or do...

Nov 29, 2006
Is this a question about the PS2 or PS3? If PS2, you need a Sony USB headset or a Logitech USB headset for some games. For PS3, any USB/Bluetooth headset will work.
Message 3 of 9 (16 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Fender Bender
Registered: 05/23/2006
Offline
3877 posts
 

Re: Can i use a regualar USB headset for chat on my ps2 or do...

Nov 30, 2006


chadster wrote:


smc420 wrote:
Can i use a regualar USB headset for chat on my ps2 or do i need a ps2 headset?
 



As long as the USB headset does not require drivers, it should work fine. Bluetooth headsets also work, if you're interested, but people seem to be having problems with them as some of the ports are being blocked and you have to sync them each time.


PS2 does not support Bluetooth at all.....basically if you want to be safe picking one for the PS2 just go with the logitech usb headset.
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Message 4 of 9 (16 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
Registered: 09/13/2003
Offline
184 posts
 

Re: Can i use a regualar USB headset for chat on my ps2 or do...

Nov 30, 2006
A friend of mine that I work with says that the regular ps2 headset has massive static on ps3 games.
Message 5 of 9 (16 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Fender Bender
Registered: 05/23/2006
Offline
3877 posts
 

Re: Can i use a regualar USB headset for chat on my ps2 or do...

Nov 30, 2006


btdoffing wrote:
A friend of mine that I work with says that the regular ps2 headset has massive static on ps3 games.


False.......and he asked about a headst for the PS2 not PS3.....
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Message 6 of 9 (16 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
Registered: 09/13/2003
Offline
184 posts
 

Re: Can i use a regualar USB headset for chat on my ps2 or do...

Nov 30, 2006
ah must have misread. My mistake. Although it's not unture that my friend hears static on his headset when using it on ps3. They may not all work like that, but his does.
Message 7 of 9 (16 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Fender Bender
Registered: 05/23/2006
Offline
3877 posts
 

Re: Can i use a regualar USB headset for chat on my ps2 or do...

Nov 30, 2006


btdoffing wrote:
ah must have misread. My mistake. Although it's not unture that my friend hears static on his headset when using it on ps3. They may not all work like that, but his does.


Maybe it is his mic or whoever he is playing with online that has a screwed up headset themselves and gives him static.  I used my PS2 USB headset for a week or so after I got my PS3 and worked perfectly no static or anything though I use a bluetooth headset now to get rid of the wire.  My friend uses the PS2 headset still and like it better than his headset for his phone never complained about static to me.
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Message 8 of 9 (16 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Sackboy
Registered: 01/11/2003
Offline
596 posts
 

Re: Can i use a regualar USB headset for chat on my ps2 or do...

Nov 30, 2006
it depends it is safe to buy one that is made for PS2s
Message 9 of 9 (16 Views)
Reply
0 Likes