Uncharted Territory
1461 posts

Re: Can i return an opened PS4 game to target for a different game?

Jan 16, 2014

Or better yet..sell it on Craig's List.

Message 41 of 52 (25,854 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
108 posts

Jan 16, 2014

bookepride wrote:

Target will take back a game (even a movie) if it's open and you have the receipt. Probably the best place to buy games anyways.

Wrong. Went yesterday, they said if it's opened, they will only give me the same game.

~ Accepting all friend requests ~

PSN: "RSJohn7293"
Message 42 of 52 (25,851 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
108 posts

Jan 16, 2014

Bloodshoteyez30 wrote:

Walmart will exchange anything unopened without a receipt as long as it was bought their, I have done this many of times with un- wanted xmas gifts and various other things, without a receipt you will only get a in-store credit though...

Does walmart give store credit for opened games with no receipt for the value of the game? Or less?

Message 43 of 52 (25,850 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3334 posts

Jan 16, 2014

RSJohn7293 wrote:

Is there any place that sells game wrapping plastic? If i re-wrap it, will i then be able to exchange it?

The wrapping isnt the same material like game wrapping, its like money. 

They'll call the police on the spot. 

Image and video hosting by TinyPicHEAVY WEAPONS GUYImage and video hosting by TinyPic
Message 44 of 52 (25,849 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
108 posts

[ Edited ]
Jan 16, 2014

HorrorGod wrote:

Try Target first. CALL them. (Why you didn't do that first amazes me -- instead you ask strangers on a message board...)

Most stores are bending over backwards for people right now, considering the whole lawsuit thing.

If that doesn't work:

As already mentioned in here -- just take it to Walmart. They have the most loose return policy I've ever seen.

Say you got it for Christmas, you don't have a receipt, the game doesn't work properly, et cetera, blah blah blah -- and that you want to return it.

Without the receipt they will give you a gift card for the full amount. Use said gift card to buy another game.

I'll try that @ Walmart, but what if they just offer the same game? Smiley Sad And what if they ask questions like why did it take so long to return the game if you got it for xmas? Also, what if they ask what's wrong with it L?

I don't usually return stuff, so i don't know most of the stores return policys.

Message 45 of 52 (25,847 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1461 posts

Jan 16, 2014

RSJohn7293 wrote:

HorrorGod wrote:

Try Target first. CALL them. (Why you didn't do that first amazes me -- instead you ask strangers on a message board...)

Most stores are bending over backwards for people right now, considering the whole lawsuit thing.

If that doesn't work:

As already mentioned in here -- just take it to Walmart. They have the most loose return policy I've ever seen.

Say you got it for Christmas, you don't have a receipt, the game doesn't work properly, et cetera, blah blah blah -- and that you want to return it.

Without the receipt they will give you a gift card for the full amount. Use said gift card to buy another game.

I'll try that @ Walmart, but what if they just offer the same game? Smiley Sad And what if they ask questions like why did it take so long to return the game if you got it for xmas? Also, what if they ask what's wrong with it L?

I don't usually return stuff, so i don't know most of the stores return policys.

This is rocket science dude.  Just say you just finally got around to playing it and that your console won't read the disk.  The person at the return center isn't going to know if that's the truth or not.  It's not like they have a PS4 console back there to check it out on.

Plus you have to also remember this..90% of the people who work at a place like Wal-Mart simply don't give a sh**.  They are just killing the hours and collecting a pay check.  They don't care about Wal-Marts bottom line so they really aren't going to ask a lot of questions if what you are trying to do isn't in violation of store policy. 

Message 46 of 52 (25,836 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5806 posts

Jan 16, 2014

If it's sealed yes you can return it. If opened, no. if ANYthing, you can only get same exact game....IF the one you have was defective.

So all in all: NO.

Also (not being an A) next time you plan to buy a game, watch gameplay videos and reviews on youtube that way you see if you think if you'll like it. If it isn't convining still, rent it or buy used that way if you didn't like it, you can return it Smiley Wink

The Flying Grayson, Nightwing, Robin, They were about more than fight moves. They were about inspiration, comfort, trust, family. I gave that up to become a spy. a Spider man; A Tsuchigumo. I have changed.
But I'll Always be D. Grayson

N52 Grayson 6

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Message 47 of 52 (25,832 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
231 posts

Jan 16, 2014
Here's what you need to do. Go to Walmart and say the game was defective and that you want to exchange it. They will exchange it for the same game. That same game is sealed. Now, go to Best Buy or Target and say that you got the game for Christmas and that you already had it. The game is shrink wrapped, so they will probably give you store credit for it since you do not have a receipt.
Message 48 of 52 (25,824 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
108 posts

Jan 16, 2014

niembre wrote:
Here's what you need to do. Go to Walmart and say the game was defective and that you want to exchange it. They will exchange it for the same game. That same game is sealed. Now, go to Best Buy or Target and say that you got the game for Christmas and that you already had it. The game is shrink wrapped, so they will probably give you store credit for it since you do not have a receipt.

I thought they open the new game they give you so people don't do that?

Message 49 of 52 (25,816 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
12 posts

Jan 16, 2014

Gamestop will give you $32 for almost any next gen game right now (expcept stupid NBA Live and Knack). Then use that to buy a used PS4 game. You can get a full refund for any reason within 7 days on used games. But they probably only have Knack used...

Message 50 of 52 (25,808 Views)
0 Likes