Treasure Hunter
4501 posts

Re: Can i return an opened PS4 game to target for a different game?

Jan 16, 2014

Target will take back a game (even a movie) if it's open and you have the receipt. Probably the best place to buy games anyways.

YB

Message 31 of 52 (453 Views)
0 Likes
Limit Breaker
22615 posts

[ Edited ]
Jan 16, 2014

this might help

http://m.target.com/HelpContent?help=/sites/html/TargetOnline/help/returns_and_refunds/targets_retur...

Untitled.png

What Are Internet TROLLS ?
To QUOTE- TOP RIGHT of the reply box - To MULTI-QUOTE
PSP and PS3 owner..YES...i still play the LAST GEN systems
****still waiting for The LAST GUARDIAN****
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Message 32 of 52 (449 Views)
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
13294 posts

Jan 16, 2014

dulun18 wrote:

this might help

Untitled.png

This is due to copyright laws. Stops you frok either copying the game and returningi t or beating it in 2 days and returning it. Beeen this way sience earl 2000s

Message 33 of 52 (446 Views)
0 Likes
Welcoming Committee
4404 posts

Jan 16, 2014

Try Target first. CALL them. (Why you didn't do that first amazes me -- instead you ask strangers on a message board...)

Most stores are bending over backwards for people right now, considering the whole lawsuit thing.

If that doesn't work:

As already mentioned in here -- just take it to Walmart. They have the most loose return policy I've ever seen.

Say you got it for Christmas, you don't have a receipt, the game doesn't work properly, et cetera, blah blah blah -- and that you want to return it.

Without the receipt they will give you a gift card for the full amount. Use said gift card to buy another game.

"You must make a friend of horror. Horror and moral terror are your friends. If they are not then they are enemies to be feared."

Message 34 of 52 (439 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1729 posts

Jan 16, 2014

RSJohn7293 wrote:

Is there any place that sells game wrapping plastic? If i re-wrap it, will i then be able to exchange it?

Roflmfao!!! omg XD XD XD. BEST POST ON THESE FORUMS. EVER. LOL

"While we're being honest, might I suggest something.

Please put your trophy profile as private, otherwise I might have believed you own a PS4 (thanks for the fake pic though)."

Message 35 of 52 (422 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1462 posts

Jan 16, 2014

gR3yGh051 wrote:

ccrogers15 wrote:

gR3yGh051 wrote:

Just go to gamestop, and trade it in towards a different game. They'll give you about $30-40 credit.

Try $20. Gamestop is the biggest joke of a gamestore in the US.

Really?

Gamestop offered me $40 for Needs for Speed Rivals.

Yeah I don't get all the Gamestop hate.  I just traded in Madden 25 for PS4 and as a Rewards member I got $32 for it.

Message 36 of 52 (419 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1462 posts

Jan 16, 2014

moodymofo wrote:

you should try and get games youre not sure of from gamestop used because you can return used games for a full refund or exchage within 7 days . you could put it on craigslist for trade for what you are lookin 4 ive gotten lucky that way a couple of times or you could return it to target as defective and they will give you another copy they are suposed to open the new copy and give it to you but depending who you deal with you could get lucky and they might not take it out the wraper then you could wait a day or 2 or go to another target and return it

Yup.  This is another great advantage of Gamestop and buying used games.  You get 7 days to play it and if you don't like it (or if you beat it) you can return it for a full refund of the amount you paid (not the amount they'd offer for trade-in).  That's why I almost ALWAYS buy my games USED and from Gamestop.

Message 37 of 52 (418 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
11 posts

Jan 16, 2014

I try my best to only buy pre-owned games from Gamestop, for this very reason... and I am very picky about games.  The only games I'll buy brand new are ones that I'm 100% sure that I'll love (Borderlands series, Fallout, etc...)

Walmart is your best bet... I have seen them take opened games before even though its against their policy.  They're so busy at customer service that if you catch the right person... they may give you the same title and leave the new one sealed. (Target will open the new replacement in front of you if you claim the original is damaged).  

If it were me, I would just sell it on Ebay.... I've had a ton of success with video games on Ebay, almost always getting close to what I paid for it.

Message 38 of 52 (413 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
9869 posts

Jan 16, 2014

ccrogers15 wrote:

gR3yGh051 wrote:

Just go to gamestop, and trade it in towards a different game. They'll give you about $30-40 credit.

Try $20. Gamestop is the biggest joke of a gamestore in the US.

My brother got $35 for it last week but that was the Xbox One version.

Message 39 of 52 (410 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
9869 posts

Jan 16, 2014
Try Walmart first they will likely take it back if they believe you got it as a gift. If they don't take it back then try Gamestop, you could get $30 for it.
Message 40 of 52 (409 Views)
0 Likes