Jun 18 2013
By: redman48146 First Son 2 posts

Can i log 2 playstation 3's onto playstation network utilizing the same playstation network acct?

3 replies 62 views Edited Jun 18, 2013

Can i log 2 playstation 3's onto playstation network utilizing the same playstation network acct?

Message 1 of 4 (62 Views)
0 Likes
Umbrella Scientist
12347 posts

Re: Can i log 2 playstation 3's onto playstation network utilizing the same playstation network acct

Jun 18, 2013

redman48146 wrote:

Yes and no.

You can have the same account on as many ps3 as you want, but can only have two activated at any one time.

But you can only be online, on one ps3 per account at a time.

If you wnat to buy a game once and play it on two ps3's at the same time online, you must use a subaccount.

For example I bought the heist on my main account, I set this account up on two ps3's, then made another account on each ps3.

From your main account buy the game and downloaded it to each system.

Then switch to the second account on one of the ps3's.

Now you can play that game online via your subaccount on one ps3 and main account on the other.

Both can be used to play the same game online at the same time.

I was doing this all last night with a buddy playing split screen heist, and the game only supports one player locally!!!

I win.

Na13-31 wrote:
Finally, the structure of my question is that you would have to disprove every possible outcome to be correct and I would just have to have one that would likely be beneficial. That's statistically in my favor by quite a bit.

some_text
Message 2 of 4 (59 Views)
First Son
2 posts

Re: Can i log 2 playstation 3's onto playstation network utilizing the same playstation network acct

Jun 18, 2013

So i could create a sub acct on my sons playstation that would allow us both to play COD BO 2 utilizing my playstation network acct so we both have all the map packs and what not?

Message 3 of 4 (54 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
Umbrella Scientist
12347 posts

Jun 18, 2013

Yup.

Just make sure the main account is the same on both ps3's.

You can set either account as the automatic log in for each respective ps3.

I have heard if you buy stuff on a sub account it may not be playable by the main account, havent tested it to be sure though.

-So again, just turn on one of the ps3's, use the account the game belongs to and set it all up.  Remember online pass!

-Turn on the second ps3, use the same account that owns the game and set it all up.  Remember online pass!

-Now turn on the first ps3 again but this time log in via your sub account.

-The subaccount can access everything the main account can

Cheers.

Na13-31 wrote:
Finally, the structure of my question is that you would have to disprove every possible outcome to be correct and I would just have to have one that would likely be beneficial. That's statistically in my favor by quite a bit.

some_text
Message 4 of 4 (50 Views)