Highlighted
Sep 04 2012
By: WiggIesworth Lombax Warrior 117 posts

Can i install files onto the vita without content manager?

10 replies 190 views Edited Sep 4, 2012

Hey just a quick question, is there any way of putting media files such as videos, pictures songs,etc without this program?

Am i locked out of my vita untill i update?

Thank you for the answers.

Message 1 of 11 (190 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2504 posts

Re: Can i install files onto the vita without content manager?

Sep 4, 2012

Unless you're downloading straight from the PlayStation Store, or off of a web page that has a link for a downloadable song or movie, then Content Manager is required.

U R Not e . Enos Lives . PLAY B3YOND . ixnine . I love Nariko! . WipEout . Home . PlayStation Network . Tearaway . the Last of Us
Message 2 of 11 (189 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
117 posts

Sep 4, 2012
Im at 1.66 so im locked out, as i cant access the psn store

So the ONLY way would be internet browser access, and thats it?

No way i could transfer anything though usb?
Message 3 of 11 (186 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1578 posts

Sep 4, 2012
why dont you update or are you using VHBL and waiting for the new game they just found with a exploit?
http://uspgc.webs.com

#1XBOX #2 PSV #3 ps3 thumbs down. Shoo fly don't bother me!
AlbaTron209 EST.1985
Message 4 of 11 (171 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
117 posts

Sep 4, 2012
Im not using vhbl. and even if i wanted to i couldn't transfer the files onto my psp, Unless theres a way for to transfer files without having to update:/ people are saying anyways.
Message 5 of 11 (165 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
9 posts

Sep 4, 2012

Message 6 of 11 (148 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
9 posts

Sep 4, 2012
lol these website be tripping. It's hard to use on the vita or ps3. But, sony told me you have to use the media manager crap. I ask them why, & they said it is easier to use. BUT, it is very slow @ transferring things. As of now, it's the only the way. The psp go never had to use this, & it was wayy easier to add things to it. Why sony had to make things different, idk. I guess they wanna be cool like nintendo lol. Anyways, try mcdonald's internet to update your vita firmware ok
Message 7 of 11 (142 Views)
0 Likes
Monster Hunter
42 posts

Sep 4, 2012

the reason its slow is because of random security measures sony implemented on the vita...it checks every files you put on the vita through CMA....

Message 8 of 11 (136 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
117 posts

[ Edited ]
Sep 4, 2012

"the reason its slow is because of random security measures sony implemented on the vita...it checks every files you put on the vita through CMA...."

That is effen bull crap. Sorry to say, but its true.

The pure thought of knowing, sony knows everything i put on my machine. Where is ones privacy :/

Message 9 of 11 (133 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
2090 posts

Sep 4, 2012

Georgio_Mos1 wrote:
lol these website be tripping. It's hard to use on the vita or ps3. But, sony told me you have to use the media manager crap. I ask them why, & they said it is easier to use. BUT, it is very slow @ transferring things. As of now, it's the only the way. The psp go never had to use this, & it was wayy easier to add things to it. Why sony had to make things different, idk. I guess they wanna be cool like nintendo lol. Anyways, try mcdonald's internet to update your vita firmware ok

hacking, modding this is why sony changed it to content manger. don't know why its slow for you but for me I have no problem of course i use my pc. not a ps3.

on a side note from what I have read on the internet the ps3 always sounds slow trying to connect online or the psn. I have never owned a ps3 never known anyone who has either. so i can not compare the two. I have to say though ps vita does not seem as slow as people suggest the ps3 is.

http://share.blog.us.playstation.com/ideas/2012/07/21/option-to-buy-avatars-on-my-playstation-vita/
Message 10 of 11 (131 Views)
0 Likes