Apr 07 2013
By: MorphineBear First Son 19 posts
Accepted Solution

Can games be activated via the Playstation Network?

5 replies 91 views Edited Apr 7, 2013

Just a quick question:

Are there codes for games? So for instance, could a developer of a game make codes for a game and then sell it on their website to be redeemed on the PSN (very much like Steam)?

Thank you very much.

Message 1 of 6 (91 Views)
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
11942 posts

Re: Can games be activated via the Playstation Network?

Apr 7, 2013
In theory, devs could do that. Are there any that do? Nope.
Message 2 of 6 (69 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
129 posts

Apr 7, 2013

Yes, in Viet Nam, not so long ago, people sell the codes in black market for about a half or a third the original price of the game on PSN, and I dont know that it's illegal or bashing Sony's term of Agreement or not, but until now, no one report about getting suspended.

Message 3 of 6 (64 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
19 posts

Apr 7, 2013

Well if they could, I see a great method of getting games out if some devs can make some agreement with Sony for codes. Thanks, I'll try to contact some a new dev. if he could try.

Message 4 of 6 (48 Views)
0 Likes
VP of Gaming
29426 posts

Apr 7, 2013

Games don't need to be "activated". Some developers include codes or online passes, that you need to enter into your Account Management section under "Redeem Codes" (how deviously obvious), or on the Playstation Store.

Give the gamer outrage over online passes, if games themselves had to be activated I could just hear the screaming now. "AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH THIS IS AN OUTRAGE!!! I'LL SUE!! I'M A GAMER AND I'M SMART ENOUGH TO ABUSE THE CIVIL COURT SYSTEM!!"

Message 5 of 6 (43 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
19 posts

Apr 7, 2013
Hah. I don't know much about the differences between a PC gamer and Playstation gamer, but I can tell you that people on Steam dwell on keys. As far as the online codes/passes goes, I literally haven't seen any the past 6 months or so I've had my Vita.
Message 6 of 6 (39 Views)
0 Likes