Nov 25 2012
By: WalterDWormack Lombax Warrior 154 posts

Can a US PS3 really run Japanese (game) software?

4 replies 192 views Edited Nov 25, 2012

There seems to be a good deal of 'misinformation' about just  what game software you can run on an american PS3.  I've just finished reading one such post,  why doesn't SCEA 'set the record straight', once and for all on this matter?

Message 1 of 5 (192 Views)
0 Likes
PIayStation MVP
12905 posts

Re: Can a US PS3 really run Japanese (game) software?

Nov 25, 2012
I don't think SCEA needs to set the record straight because this isn't an issue that most of their customers have to deal with.

The all PS3s can run games from other regions, because most games are coded to be region free. There is one recent exception, I believe it is a Atlus Persona game. The publisher does have the option to restrict their games to one region, but most do not. So if I were you, I would check on this for any new import games you wish to buy...
Message 2 of 5 (189 Views)
I Only Post Everything
1160 posts

Nov 25, 2012

Misinformaiton? It's been region free gaming from the start.

Video Games: Not an Addiction, but a Lifestyle!!!
Message 3 of 5 (185 Views)
Survivor
2504 posts

Nov 26, 2012
I can confirm, through personal experience, that the U.S. PS3 can play Japanese software. I've purchased and played Final Fantasy XIII, and even Final Fantasy VII Advent Children Complete Blu-ray, with the FFXIII demo, and they all work fine.
U R Not e . Enos Lives . PLAY B3YOND . ixnine . I love Nariko! . WipEout . Home . PlayStation Network . Tearaway . the Last of Us
Message 4 of 5 (158 Views)
Lombax Warrior
154 posts

[ Edited ]
Nov 26, 2012

To those who've posted so far.   Thank you for responding.  I can breathe a lot easier when I place an order for Japanese PS3 software with 'Toys 'N' Joys' in HI. (A totally cool store by the way! (Very shameless plug here! wink, wink.))

P. S. Please excuse any bad grammar, or (im)proper punctuation.

Message 5 of 5 (143 Views)
0 Likes