Dec 07 2009
By: RacerCG First Son 7 posts

Can a Logitech DualAction game controller be used on a PS3?

9 replies 8393 views Edited Dec 7, 2009

Just curious, as I'd like to be able to play games with my wife on occasion. She doesn't have enough interest in it to warrant paying $40-50 for another DualShock 3, but if I could use my PC's Logitech DualAction controller for her, that'd be perfect.

Has anyone tried it? Here's the kind I'm talking about:

http://www.logitech.com/index.cfm/gaming/controllers/devices/288&cl=us,en

I imagine it would at least work in some games, and maybe not so well in others... 

Thanks! 

Message 1 of 10 (8,393 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
65 posts

Re: Can a Logitech DualAction game controller be used on a PS3?

Dec 7, 2009

RacerCG wrote:

Just curious, as I'd like to be able to play games with my wife on occasion. She doesn't have enough interest in it to warrant paying $40-50 for another DualShock 3, but if I could use my PC's Logitech DualAction controller for her, that'd be perfect.

I imagine it would at least work in some games, and maybe not so well in others... 

Thanks! 

no, if you need to install drivers

Message 2 of 10 (8,393 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3517 posts

Dec 7, 2009

RacerCG wrote:

Thanks! 

I've got that same one for my PC - excellent controller.

I can confirm it works in SOME games - but not all of them.  I don't feel like going through all my games testing them so... worked for 1 or 2 games and that was it.

Message 3 of 10 (8,393 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
65 posts

Dec 7, 2009

SoundSeraph wrote:

RacerCG wrote:

Thanks! 

no, if you need to install drivers but i this case yes! plug and play

Message 4 of 10 (8,393 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3517 posts

Dec 7, 2009

SoundSeraph wrote:

RacerCG wrote:

Thanks! 

Not all peripherals work like that.  It also sounds to me like you don't know any definitive answer which means you're being irresponsible by answering his question since... you're wrong, anyhow.  lol.

The controller DOES work with some PS3 games as I have the same exact controller for my PC.

Please... if you don't know the answer - don't go giving answers.  Try to be more of a help to users on this board and not a hindrance.

Message 5 of 10 (8,393 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
2114 posts

Dec 7, 2009

Ninja-Matic wrote:

SoundSeraph wrote:

RacerCG wrote:

Thanks! 

Not all peripherals work like that.  It also sounds to me like you don't know any definitive answer which means you're being irresponsible by answering his question since... you're wrong, anyhow.  lol.

The controller DOES work with some PS3 games as I have the same exact controller for my PC.

Please... if you don't know the answer - don't go giving answers.  Try to be more of a help to users on this board and not a hindrance.

Oh puh-lease! If people only posted what they know as fact, This Message board would be dead as a doornail!

" PS3 CREED"
This is my PS3.There are many like it but this one is mine. My PS3 is my best friend.It is my life.I must master it as I must master my life. Without me my PS3 is useless. Without my PS3 I am useless. I must fire my dual shock true. I must shoot straighter than my enemy who is trying to frag me. I must shoot him before he shoots me.I will before Kevin Butler swear this creed. My PS3 and myself are defenders of my clan. we are the masters of our enemy. We are the saviors of my life. So be it until there is no XB but peace. Amen.
Message 6 of 10 (8,393 Views)
I Only Post Everything
864 posts

Dec 7, 2009

I dont know where you live, but I was just in Superstore (canada) and they have offbrand PS3 wireless controllers (they use three aaa batteries and need a usb adapter to use them) for cheap. $18.

I would never suggest buying cheap third party in most cases, but its a small price to get her to test the waters. 

Just dont let her force you to use it, and take the good one. If that happens, buy a game/controller combo for 59.99. they seem to come with Ratchet Future tools of destruction, GranTourismo Prologue, or Uncharted 1. (great deal)

Message 7 of 10 (8,393 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5102 posts

Dec 7, 2009

I have one, and use it for forth controller when playing split screen on some games (COD4,waw,mw2 mostly). everything works but motion sensors, obviously. it doesn't work too well as the #1 controller, however, since it does not have a ps button.

try it on the games, it will not kill anything. if it doesn't work properly, no harm, no foul.

Message 8 of 10 (8,393 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
2 posts

Dec 1, 2012

I'm using a Logitec Dual Action as my default for now (Everyone was too cheap to buy a new one and borrowed all of mine) Works fine for anything that doesn't use Six-Axis. If the game you play NEEDS Six-Axis for anything it's unplayable with the Logitec.

Games that use Six-Axis:

Heavenly Sword (Cannonball motion parts) Unless your a deadeye it's a tricky part.

Rag-Doll Kung Fu - Uses Six-Axis as basic fighting techniques (Completely unplayable)

These are the only two I can remember for right now. Being as I usually play games that don't need it I'm fine...kinda annoying to switch games though. I hope this helps. BTW if you happen to have a PS2 -to- USB adapter that will work too!

Message 9 of 10 (7,945 Views)
0 Likes
VP of Gaming
28977 posts

[ Edited ]
Dec 1, 2012

mlwy45 wrote:

I'm using a Logitec Dual Action as my default for now (Everyone was too cheap to buy a new one and borrowed all of mine) Works fine for anything that doesn't use Six-Axis. If the game you play NEEDS Six-Axis for anything it's unplayable with the Logitec.

Games that use Six-Axis:

Heavenly Sword (Cannonball motion parts) Unless your a deadeye it's a tricky part.

Rag-Doll Kung Fu - Uses Six-Axis as basic fighting techniques (Completely unplayable)

These are the only two I can remember for right now. Being as I usually play games that don't need it I'm fine...kinda annoying to switch games though. I hope this helps. BTW if you happen to have a PS2 -to- USB adapter that will work too!

Could have said "No, and get a job". 

Message 10 of 10 (7,943 Views)
0 Likes