Sep 03 2012
By: Juiceman4721 First Son 1 posts

Can You Help Me Please?

2 replies 49 views Edited Sep 3, 2012

I posses a Playstation 3, where my next door neighbor's house was struck by lightning and this wiped out the HDMI on the Playstation. may I pose two questions?

Question # 1

I was informed that there are two devices that can possibly be of assistance. The first is a "HMDI - Component Converter", the  second is a "Component - HDMI converter". I purchased the "HMDI - Component Converter", from Amazon.Com; however, it did not work. Possibly the other device could work; however, before investing the money, I read something that the two devices would not work, because Sony has embeded some type of language prohibiting the use of these devices. Has anybody heard about this and / or have experience with this type of  issue?

Question # 2

If the above does not work, what are my options?

Message 1 of 3 (49 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
42699 posts

Re: Can You Help Me Please?

Sep 3, 2012

Before spending another nickel on a possibly fried console, why not get yours assessed properly by a reputable repair shop, not necessarily just SONY?

Message 2 of 3 (39 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
7724 posts

Re: Can You Help Me Please?

Sep 3, 2012

Can you try using regular Composite ("Yellow Plug" or "RCA") cables? It's no use trying to buy something for a dead console, especially lightning-struck ones.

Message 3 of 3 (30 Views)
0 Likes