Highlighted
Nov 24 2009
By: Dussta3 First Son 3 posts

Can PS3 have more than one internet connection saved?

11 replies 5820 views Edited Nov 24, 2009

I've been travelling between 2 locations on a weekly basis. I like to bring my PS3 along with me and always have to re-establish the network connection to get online. It seems a pain to have to always go through the connection settings to get online. I was wondering if the PS3 has the ability to save multiple internet settings. I have a Wii and even that can hold up to 3 separate internet connections. I've been through all of the PS3 menus and haven't found anything that lets you save multiple connections. Thought that if I created another profile that would solve it but it didn't..

Anyone that can help...much thanks!

Message 1 of 12 (5,820 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
269 posts

Re: Can PS3 have more than one internet connection saved?

Nov 24, 2009

Dussta3 wrote:

I've been travelling between 2 locations on a weekly basis. I like to bring my PS3 along with me and always have to re-establish the network connection to get online. It seems a pain to have to always go through the connection settings to get online. I was wondering if the PS3 has the ability to save multiple internet settings. I have a Wii and even that can hold up to 3 separate internet connections. I've been through all of the PS3 menus and haven't found anything that lets you save multiple connections. Thought that if I created another profile that would solve it but it didn't..

Anyone that can help...much thanks!

yes, you can.  all you gotta do is go into your network settings and select new connection

160 GB Slim PS3
500 GB Launch PS4

Killzone 3, SOCOM 4, The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion, AC2, AC Brotherhood, Little Big Planet, Modern Warfare 2, Infamous, Infamous 2, Gran Turismo 5 XL Edition, Dante's Inferno

Battlefield 4, Assassin's Creed 4: Black Flag, Infamous: Second Son, Watchdogs
Message 2 of 12 (5,820 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

Dec 30, 2009

I cannot see a way to do this - there is no 'New Connection' option in my Network Settings. I can re-enter the network settings whenever I move to a new wireless network, but like Dussta3 I would like to avoid having to do this by being able to save the SSID/Password etc for each network.

FalconChief222 - I am on firmware 3.15 - are you also?

PS3 Slim 250GB

Message 3 of 12 (5,820 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1105 posts

Dec 30, 2009

Yup... what he said up there...

My nephew brings his ps3 to the house every day and easily connects online with my network.

Message 4 of 12 (5,820 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
32 posts

Dec 30, 2009

It is a real pain only having 1 network connection profile, even the Wii has 3.

I take my PS3 to the GFs every weekend but do not connect to PSN as I cannot be bothered re-doing my connection when I get back.

Message 5 of 12 (5,820 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3621 posts

Dec 30, 2009
Wireless and wired are independat of one another. That's what I do. I do wired at my house and then when I go to visit my mom I use wireless. Its a simple matter of picking one or the other.
Brandon Jackson: Web Graphic Designer
Message 6 of 12 (5,820 Views)
0 Likes
Monster Hunter
39 posts

Dec 30, 2009

i have an off-topic question for FalconChief222.

why is it that you have two names? one is FalconChief222 and the one below that name is crew101.

how did you do that?

Message 7 of 12 (5,820 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3621 posts

Dec 30, 2009

Benedicere wrote:

why is it that you have two names? one is FalconChief222 and the one below that name is crew101.

how did you do that?

I can answer that one. FalconCheif222 is his PSN ID, where as crew101 was his Playstation Underground (former login service etc of Playstation boards etc before PSN integration).

About a year or so ago Sony combined your PSN and Underground accounts into one thing. Many people used the same name for both (hence my bigdaddykraven listed 2 times) while some picked different names for each.

Brandon Jackson: Web Graphic Designer
Message 8 of 12 (5,820 Views)
0 Likes
Monster Hunter
39 posts

Dec 31, 2009

bigdaddykraven wrote:

Benedicere wrote:

how did you do that?

I can answer that one. FalconCheif222 is his PSN ID, where as crew101 was his Playstation Underground (former login service etc of Playstation boards etc before PSN integration).

About a year or so ago Sony combined your PSN and Underground accounts into one thing. Many people used the same name for both (hence my bigdaddykraven listed 2 times) while some picked different names for each.

Thank you! I hope all the people in this forum has the same attitude as yours: helping people rather than intimidating them.. or us..

Message 9 of 12 (5,820 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
3 posts

Jan 11, 2013
I know it's an old topic but my way around this was to match the network settings (name and encryption method) at both locations.
Message 10 of 12 (5,101 Views)
0 Likes