Lombax Warrior
102 posts

Re: Can PS+ save the Vita (formerly 3DS outselling Vita 47:1, what to do.)

Nov 28, 2012

SnWnMe wrote:

There is nothing Sony can do. They mishandled the Vita's launch. People will pay for slightly inferior tech (3DS) backed by SUREFIRE 1st party games (of which Sony has relatively NONE compared to Nintendo) over superior specs at a higher price. They didn't learn this with the PS3 and so they bungled the Vita too. 

You're right and would be developers are about to bail on this system as the 3DS is creaming it in sales.  I've always been a Sony gamer since PS1.  I'm watching this next generation very carefully to make MY best choice.  I'll be surprised if it's Sony I go with.  I'm not sure they have the finances and innovation left to pull off a successful next-gen system that will compete.  They seem to be bungling everything they try these days.

Message 21 of 24 (108 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
6003 posts

Nov 28, 2012

FeloniousMax wrote:

This needs to be turned around fast, since Sony has stated no price drop in the forseeable future, they would be wise to release a "value pack" like they did with the PSP back in the day, only this time include a large memory card (16gb) and in place of a game a 1 year subcription to PS+, price it at $249.99. I seriously think this is the way to generate sales for this incredible little handheld.

Wait, Wait, Wait... While your first post is great, why did you have to have your title of your thread the way that it is...

hmmm... OBJECTION! (Pheonix Wright Reference)

http://kotaku.com/5963568/the-vita-is-a-great-systemtoo-bad-sony-screwed-it-up

Well, flamebait thread it is, excellent first post though - just not fond of the title as I see WAY too many "Vita is going to fail!" or "Vita is Doomed!" threads and articles. Too much De Ja Vu, is my only complaint. Same groups of people were saying the Same thing about the PS3. Wonder what happend with to that PS3 that had a super slow start and had the 360 over taking it in sales along with the wii... aw well. Guess I'll never know what happened to that Doomed PS3 in it's first year *shrugs*....

Message 22 of 24 (95 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
2039 posts

Nov 28, 2012

The vita is not going to fail. They have to much in it to let it fail. But as long as they hold back on fixing the problems it is going to grow very slow. There are issues that have been and should have already been fixed sence launch. That makes people wonder about getting one. Products like the vita only grow as fast as you feed them and the way they are feeding the vita it is going to be slow go. Will it fail? No. But at the rate that they are adressing the request of peoples wonts for it, it is going to be slow to get where they wont it to be. Some that would, will not buy it because of this. People are losing there trust in sony products. But fail? No way.

Message 23 of 24 (84 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
368 posts

Dec 8, 2012

fantasyplayer wrote:

Some that would, will not buy it because of this. People are losing there trust in sony products. But fail? No way.

Yup, they lost the respect of the market. Not just with the consoles but the TV one as well. Between their proprietary media, silly designs that they always seem to come up with and their relatively higher price with no discernable difference in quality they are steadily losing market share.

Message 24 of 24 (61 Views)
0 Likes