PIayStation MVP
12905 posts

Re: 3DS outselling Vita 47:1, what to do.

Nov 26, 2012

JuanMdP wrote:
I'd say most of, though not all of, Nintendo's games target kids. But look at the third party catalog: RE:Revelations, KH: DDD, Bravely Default, Monster Hunter Tri / 4, Ace Attorney, Professor Layton, Senran Kagura, Shin Megami Tensei IV, Dragon Quest. Those are far from children's games. Monster Hunter is as hardcore as it gets (talking about difficulty / mechanics, of course)~.

It's true that a good chunk of the 3DS userbase are kids, but the 400k wordwide units sold on a weekly basis aren't from children, at most it's half of that and the 3DS' catalog proves that this system is targetted at everybody, not just kids~.

I agree with much of what you said. Although I think RE probably didn't sell very well on the 3DS, which is why Capcom is rumored to be porting it to the X360 and PS3.

One huge advantage I think the 3DS has is that it is BC with DS games, so one does have that library to choose from too and it encourages people to upgrade...

Message 11 of 24 (143 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
13655 posts

Nov 26, 2012

While, yes, the Vita needs more games to sell more, the Vita needs to sell more first before games can be made.

It's become quite clear that developers are reluctant to make games for the Vita, either by tossing their project over to a side developer (Nihilistic to COD), or not making a game at all (Capcom and Monster Hunter).

As a result, the games that come out are not the full potential games that the Vita could use.

This is why Nintendo is outselling them. Nintendo knows how to use their devices to the maximum potential (quite obvious, as the best selling games on Nintendo systems are first party games). And while Sony does have quite a few studios for their own creations, they haven't really been trying to max out the Vita, and so it results in subpar games to what COULD be. Seeing as most people inititally viewed the Vita as a sort of "PS3 on the go", Sony needs to try to make that view as realistic as possible.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Message 12 of 24 (139 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
3 posts

Nov 26, 2012
I do not think it's for lack of games...Gravity Rush, Escape Plan, Sound Shapes, Little Big Planet, Uncharted are all great Sony properties, the first 3 of which are Vita Exclusive. Hell, I play my Vita more than my 3DS, iPad and PS3 combined (current go tos are P4G and LBP). The system needs something you can't get elsewhere and to me that is PS+...though, it requires a good sized memory card, they need to knock prices down on those to SD levels, seriously.
Message 13 of 24 (135 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
13655 posts

[ Edited ]
Nov 26, 2012

FeloniousMax wrote:
I do not think it's for lack of games...Gravity Rush, Escape Plan, Sound Shapes, Little Big Planet, Uncharted are all great Sony properties, the first 3 of which are Vita Exclusive. Hell, I play my Vita more than my 3DS, iPad and PS3 combined (current go tos are P4G and LBP). The system needs something you can't get elsewhere and to me that is PS+...though, it requires a good sized memory card, they need to knock prices down on those to SD levels, seriously.

Doubt they'll go THAT low (Since a 32GB SD card is the price of the 8GB Vita card atm)

But yes, they must go down. PS+ is only beneficial if you have a lot of room on your  memory card. And that's an expense in itself.

Not to mention, this is the first month for PS + on Vita, so you'd expect a lot of content. Later on though, they'll probably just do one game a month and then discount the others.

Message 14 of 24 (133 Views)
0 Likes
PIayStation MVP
12905 posts

Nov 26, 2012

FeloniousMax wrote:

As far as memory cards go, 4GB is just adequate for PS+, since most Vita games are less than 2GB. IMO 8GB is the most reasonable size for its price, and the 16GB is OK for its price too. Eventually we should see a price adjustment on the memory cards, but remember the US memory cards were already discounted from the Japaneese ones. 

For a proprietary memory card, the prices aren't that bad. I think people are getting thrown off by the very low prices of the SD cards...

Message 15 of 24 (120 Views)
0 Likes
PIayStation MVP
12905 posts

Nov 26, 2012

glaciusx25 wrote:

FeloniousMax wrote:

Doubt they'll go THAT low (Since a 32GB SD card is the price of the 8GB Vita card atm)

But yes, they must go down. PS+ is only beneficial if you have a lot of room on your  memory card. And that's an expense in itself.

Not to mention, this is the first month for PS + on Vita, so you'd expect a lot of content. Later on though, they'll probably just do one game a month and then discount the others.

I think PS+ for Vita will have 2 new releases per month, because in the video introducing PS+ for Vita it was specifically mentioned that there would be new games coming out each month. It probably won't just be full Vita games, there are PS1,PS3, and PSN Vita games to choose from...

Message 16 of 24 (118 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
13655 posts

Re: Can PS+ save the Vita (formerly 3DS outselling Vita 47:1, what to do.)

Nov 26, 2012
The only decent card is the 16GB when they have the sale on Amazon (where it is priced at $38).
Message 17 of 24 (117 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2536 posts

Nov 26, 2012
If you get lucky you can find 32GB cards for as low as 75$ on Ebay. That's about it. I caved in and wound up getting one myself for full price in my country though~. =/
Message 18 of 24 (103 Views)
0 Likes
PIayStation MVP
12905 posts

Nov 26, 2012
Sony should licence out the Vita memory card to other manufactures like Sandisk and Lexmark, that way we could potentially have lower prices.
Message 19 of 24 (101 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
368 posts

Nov 27, 2012

There is nothing Sony can do. They mishandled the Vita's launch. People will pay for slightly inferior tech (3DS) backed by SUREFIRE 1st party games (of which Sony has relatively NONE compared to Nintendo) over superior specs at a higher price. They didn't learn this with the PS3 and so they bungled the Vita too. 

Message 20 of 24 (79 Views)
0 Likes