Sep 17 2013
By: sirofcool First Son 4 posts

Can I use PS Plus Automatic Update to download GTA V?

3 replies 240 views Edited Sep 17, 2013
I have a PS Plus subscription. A bunch of people that pre-ordered the digital version of Grand Theft Auto V on PSN are saying that, if you have 'automatic update' set to ON, it will automatically download the game for you. Is this true? If its not, then I'll have to set an alarm to wake up at 3am and start the download manually.
Message 1 of 4 (240 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2547 posts

Re: Can I use PS Plus Automatic Update to download GTA V?

[ Edited ]
Sep 17, 2013

sirofcool wrote:
I have a PS Plus subscription. A bunch of people that pre-ordered the digital version of Grand Theft Auto V on PSN are saying that, if you have 'automatic update' set to ON, it will automatically download the game for you. Is this true? If its not, then I'll have to set an alarm to wake up at 3am and start the download manually.

I'd just set the alarm to be sure. It would be annoying to wake up in the morning and have to wait 4 hours or so for it to download.

photo IMG_0586_zps94omlljp.jpg
Message 2 of 4 (208 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
10985 posts

Sep 17, 2013

Has anyone at Sony and/or Rockstar stated that the Digital version will release at midnight/shortly thereafter?  If not, it probably won't be available until the store updates on Tuesday afternoon.

That being said, yes, preordered digital games SHOULD download at your scheduled automatic update time, but only in the case where it falls AFTER the game is actually made available to download.

Message 3 of 4 (177 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1421 posts

Sep 17, 2013
no i belibe auto update updates the system and games already installed. no to time pre orders
Message 4 of 4 (160 Views)
0 Likes