First Son
17 posts

Re: Can I use 2 headsets?

Jan 30, 2013

I believe that he DOES NOT want to split the sound, idk I'm so lost at this point. Smiley Frustrated

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Message 21 of 34 (106 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
4421 posts

Jan 30, 2013

Forget it.  I am done trying to help on this one!

Good luck yall.

Moble

Message 22 of 34 (104 Views)
Keyblade Wielder
8191 posts

Jan 30, 2013
hey ceo if your still paying attention to this thread can you give a better explanation on what you are trying to achieve?
FiveFourteen
Ask FiveFourteen,Twitter,Google+
"I am passionate, vigilant, motivated, and I am proud to be a part of the PlayStation Community."
Message 23 of 34 (103 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
8 posts

Jan 30, 2013

Main is to have 2 headsets.

Love to have split sound, but will accept having same sound in both headsets.

Message 24 of 34 (93 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
4421 posts

Jan 30, 2013

so-nyCEO wrote:

Main is to have 2 headsets.

Love to have split sound, but will accept having same sound in both headsets.

Still unclear as to the desired effect/result.  To what end?

I know, I said I was out of here, but you came back finally.  Give me an "in-game" example.  Please leave out the confusing his/he/their references.

Moble

Message 25 of 34 (90 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
8191 posts

Jan 30, 2013
i dont think you can have two headsets connected to one ps3... wireless headsets maybe. i have only one headset so i cant really test it for you
FiveFourteen
Ask FiveFourteen,Twitter,Google+
"I am passionate, vigilant, motivated, and I am proud to be a part of the PlayStation Community."
Message 26 of 34 (89 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
8 posts

Jan 30, 2013

moblesuit75 wrote:

I know, I said I was out of here, but you came back finally.  Give me an "in-game" example.  Please leave out the confusing his/he/their references.

Moble

Me and my brother playing some Black Ops 2, and mom says turn the TV down. That always gets us killed. And with the volume so low it is hard to hear what is going on in the game. So we want to find some way of both of us using two different headsets to hear the game, without getting yelled at and dying in the game as a result. Both headsets playing the same sound is cool with us, but if there is a way for us to have the audio put out so his split screen is to his headset, and my split screen is to my headset is even better.

Sorry but not sure how not to use the reference when talking about my bro and me.

Message 27 of 34 (87 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
426 posts

Jan 30, 2013

you can have two synced but you can only use one at a time... This is what i've encountered in my experience

Welcome to the Forums

/)/)
(-,-)
*(")(")
Message 28 of 34 (82 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
4421 posts

Jan 30, 2013

so-nyCEO wrote:

moblesuit75 wrote:

Moble

Me and my brother playing some Black Ops 2, and mom says turn the TV down. That always gets us killed. And with the volume so low it is hard to hear what is going on in the game. So we want to find some way of both of us using two different headsets to hear the game, without getting yelled at and dying in the game as a result. Both headsets playing the same sound is cool with us, but if there is a way for us to have the audio put out so his split screen is to his headset, and my split screen is to my headset is even better.

Sorry but not sure how not to use the reference when talking about my bro and me.

That helps immensely.  I get it now!  That being said, I do not think the system would have this function, no matter what headsets you use.

I wish I could be more helpful with this, but at least I understand what you are getting at now.  This would be a good function, should it be possible.

However, I do think you will find resolution of some kind going forward.  The most current description you have provided is the best and clears a lot of things up.

Never be afraid to provide "too much" description.  It will yield a quicker result in any questions you may have.  It can avoid a lot of aggravation as well.

I hope you get it figured out.

Moble

Message 29 of 34 (82 Views)
First Son
17 posts

Jan 30, 2013

I found this, although it seems a bit unconventional

http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/General-Discussions-General/How-to-use-two-wired-headsets-at-...

I suppose if you're desperate enough, OP says he tested it and worked.  Can't speak first-hand though

Hope it helps a bit

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Message 30 of 34 (73 Views)