Feb 28 2014
By: IbanezHRC First Son 7 posts

Can I unpatch God of War Ascension?

1 replies 168 views Edited Feb 28, 2014

I am playing God of War Ascension and I am getting near the end.  I was reading that a patch was issued to make the Trials of Archimedes easier.  I would like to play it the way it was initially created.  I am a plus member so my game saves are all on the cloud.  My quesiton is, if I delete all God Of War Ascension data, bring my save data back down from the cloud, and then put the disk back in to play the game and decline the update, will my save data still work?

Message 1 of 2 (168 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
MVP Support
10995 posts

Re: Can I unpatch God of War Ascension?

[ Edited ]
Feb 28, 2014

IbanezHRC wrote:

I am playing God of War Ascension and I am getting near the end.  I was reading that a patch was issued to make the Trials of Archimedes easier.  I would like to play it the way it was initially created.  I am a plus member so my game saves are all on the cloud.  My quesiton is, if I delete all God Of War Ascension data, bring my save data back down from the cloud, and then put the disk back in to play the game and decline the update, will my save data still work?

Just delete the game data (NOT the save game data) and redownload/reinstall the game.  When you fire it up, just back out of the update.  I don't think you can play online without the patch, but I suppose that's not important for your case.

Keep in mind, there are other issues that made the original, unpatched game unplayable for some due to other glitches and bugs.

As for the ToA being 'easier', as far as I recall, the only change made was to recharge a bit of health between the last couple of phases.  I don't think Chaos mode was adjusted at all.

I'm pretty sure your save data should still work.  So you should be okay there.

Message 2 of 2 (165 Views)
0 Likes