Feb 17 2013
By: patchoolie First Son 2 posts

Can I play a saved game from the Cloud on a different PS3?

3 replies 87 views Edited Feb 17, 2013

I have 2 PS3s in my house.  If I save my data to the Cloud on 1 system, can I move to the other system and continue playing  the same game?  I have a system in my living room and have been playing a game.  The game files are automatically saving to online storage, but when I put the game on the system in the bedroom, it doesn't automatically load the continued game, even though I'm signed in.   Am I mistaken about being able to do this?  If not, what am I doing wrong?

Message 1 of 4 (87 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
24615 posts

Re: Can I play a saved game from the Cloud on a different PS3?

Feb 17, 2013

You can do that but if it's a copy protected save there is a24 hour wait period beftween uploading and downloading.

Message 2 of 4 (84 Views)
First Son
2 posts

Feb 17, 2013

The 2nd PS3 won't allow me to sign into my account.  It says I "can't sign into another user's account."  It seems that I should be able to sign into my own account from any system.

Message 3 of 4 (76 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
10867 posts

Feb 17, 2013

You can't simply change the PSN ID on an existing user account on the PS3.  For some reason, you have to create a new user and associate it with your PSN ID.  Once you get logged in, you can sync your trophies from Sony servers to that user account.

Message 4 of 4 (73 Views)
0 Likes