May 25 2011
By: OleanderX First Son 9 posts

Can I look up a PSN user from the internet?

[ Edited ]
19 replies 109917 views Edited May 16, 2015

Is it possible to find a PSN user through the Playstation site?

added label ask community to learn more about labels please see here. Thanks! GuardianBelle

Mod Edit:  This thread is now locked to prevent further necrobumping. If you wish to continue this discussion, please start a new thread for this topic. Click here for more information on the Rules of Conduct - TheLordSloth

Message 1 of 20 (109,917 Views)
Big Daddy
19370 posts

Re: Can I look up a PSN user from the internet?

May 25, 2011

What do you need to do? What kind of lookup do you need?

Message 2 of 20 (109,914 Views)
Fender Bender
4223 posts

May 25, 2011

not the full profile but you can look at someone elses trophies here

Message 3 of 20 (109,914 Views)
First Son
9 posts

May 25, 2011

I want to search for a user. What xbox.com has with the gamertag search. Enter a PSN name to find them.

Message 4 of 20 (109,914 Views)
First Son
9 posts

May 25, 2011

Yes. That works, thanks man.

Message 5 of 20 (109,914 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

Jul 2, 2012

Heisem I followed your link...it works great if you know the players exact tag, however I am looking for a player I played with the other night to add to friends. They do not show up on my "players met" and I only know their partial name. Is there a search feature that will take partial names and give a list of relevant player tags?

Thanks in advance.

Message 6 of 20 (109,816 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
7074 posts

Jul 3, 2012

You can search for users in the forums (just change "Board" to "Users" in the box at the top right), but I'm pretty sure it only works if they've used the forums before.  This search gives partial match results.

Message 7 of 20 (109,777 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

Jul 13, 2012

Does it show yo friends yur online wen they are on there systems and yuh sign in on the computer ]

Message 8 of 20 (109,451 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
7074 posts

Jul 13, 2012

KMB_ELL-SF_FLO wrote:

Does it show yo friends yur online wen they are on there systems and yuh sign in on the computer ]

No.  You can see what friends are online but they won't see you and you can't interact with each other.

Message 9 of 20 (109,444 Views)
Uncharted Territory
1799 posts

[ Edited ]
Jul 13, 2012

You guys are all wrong... 

Only those who have Registered their Account on the actual Official Website will Apear as Members in the List of Users...

I know this for a Fact, cause I myself have tried this...

Trying to add my friends to my Friends List on the Forums only resulted in 2 of my Friends being found, the rest were said to not exist, when in fact, they are on my friends list...

The only for sure way to know who this User is, is either try sending them a Message, & if their Name exists, it will apear as a Member of PSN, or you will not find any Matches... Or you can hope they Signed-Up for the Forums... 

Trust me, Note Pad is usually the best, & most reliable way to keep track of people you want to be Friends with, no other way is better...
You gotta grab their names right as soon as you meet them, cause you never know what might happen if you don't...

For Example: As you stated, they weren't in he People you met Online... Is a Good Reason to get their name as soon as you meet them...  

Agreed? 

Again, it is possible, but not likely 100% Accurate for a Website Look Up... 

Hey, Yo, Waaaaazzzzuuupp!!! .................................................................................................................

Playstation 4
Too much Networking, & Socializing, but yet not enough Gaming... ~_~
Not My Style!!!

Get Your Portable ID!
Message 10 of 20 (109,436 Views)