Jun 22 2014
By: morris_family Sackboy 417 posts

Calling all players! I'm in need of your help....

[ Edited ]
8 replies 266 views Edited Jun 23, 2014

So yeah, June 19th was my birthday (because I say so. No seriously, it was.) and I guess the timing was right or the stars aligned for me, as I received these 2 Vanguard PGEs (Personal Gaming Environment) from Project Gaems. I know you're thinking "WOW, that's one hell of a birthday gift" but these aren't for my birthday.These are for me to "TRY" to accomplish a dream or goal I have. I expressed my intentions and they had enough faith in me and loved my idea to bring gaming to the children at my local Children's Miracle Network Hospitals, like the one at Providence Sacred Heart Medical Center & Children's Hospital. You see, the idea manifested itself from bringing a participant in Extra Life. A non-profit aimed at raising money (for the hospitals) through gaming for a single 24 hour "game-a-thon". I'll be using these to bring my consoles to them.

I haven't always been this person before you today. 10433215_295408607299468_278865328144921985_n.jpg

I ran the streets, did drugs and broke laws (yes, LAWS). I can't do anything to fix what I've done to the people / businesses I hurt by my actions, but I can ensure they end here and now. I have been sober for over 7 years (although I still smoke cigarettes) but I was still lost. Lost within life and the theory of trying to identify who I am and who I would like to become. Not just for me but for my children as well. Then I came across Extra-Life last year. And their message touched me.... I felt like I can do something.... I felt like I can help... But something was missing. Hence the idea was born. Take the experience of gaming to them (the children).

Not knowing how or what to do to get this started I searched the internet and ran into a few road blocks which put the idea on hold. On hold until I saw a tweet from Gaems and it rekindled that flame. We e-mailed back and forth and this is the result.

I get to start living a dream.

Everything I mentioned is true. As many of you I don't know and thus I have no reason to lie (I only lie to my mom. Ask her, she'll tell you I do even at my age of 38. LOL.) The moral of this story is this... It's true. What they say about "you're never to old to follow your heart and chase your dreams". As I am proof of that. So get out there, set goals, ask questions (don't be afraid of rejection) and above all else keep trying.

If you feel this needs a edit or would like to help me by donating old PS3 / PS4 (kid friendly) games, please don't hesitate in contacting me. Well good luck. And I wish you well in your adventures. Thank you for making it this far and allowing me to express myself.

Mod Edit: Added breaks to body of text. Want to learn more about Forum Rules of Conduct? Click here. -Super_Nova2k13

Message 1 of 9 (266 Views)
Gaming Beast
2026 posts

Re: Calling all players! I'm in need of your help....

Jun 22, 2014

Happy Birthday Mr. Morris. I wish I could help but my finances are not in good enough shape to let me. But I do commend you for what you are doing. And send praises in you name and prayer for you.

I did not come up so good myself and had to fight many demons to get where I am.

By the way my birthday was June 19th also. Turned 56 and glad to have made it this long. Also your name is Morris and mine it Norris.

Seems like we sould know each other or something.

I wish you the best of luck and hope you make each and every kid there happy.

Message 2 of 9 (233 Views)
Sackboy
417 posts

[ Edited ]
Jun 22, 2014

....By the way my birthday was June 19th also. Turned 56 and glad to have made it this long....

AAAwwww...Come on. 56 and playing video games.... I thought that was funny, then I thought hell I'll probably be doing the same thing when I reach your age so it wasn't funny any longer. 

Thanks for the prayers and well wishes as really I just need guidence. And a little help here and there. 

I am hoping to get the things I need here soon so as long I think positive, positive things will happen. After allit is for the children and I hope I canbring them a little hope when I visit.

Again,thank you.

Message 3 of 9 (216 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
426 posts

Jun 22, 2014
Good job , great post , this is a very positive thing you are doing and with courage and fortitude you will continue to be successful , good luck and God Bless .
[URL="http://psnprofiles.com/cb765"][IMG]http://card.psnprofiles.com/1/cb765.png[/IMG][/URL]http://card.psnprofiles.com/1/cb765.png
Message 4 of 9 (207 Views)
Lombax Warrior
100 posts

Jun 22, 2014

Good job, brother! It's good to see fellow gamers active in their respective communities.

What we do in life, echoes in eternity.

Message 5 of 9 (204 Views)
Sackboy
417 posts

Jun 22, 2014

I am trying to stay positive but trying to get it started is beginning to get to me. I need games for these kids to play. As I believe playing Call of duty or Battlefield may not go good with the parents even though we run across them while we playing ourselves. All to often losing in the process. But you get what I mean.

Sometimes things don't always go as planned but persistance will be the key. So fingers crossed, I'll prevail.

Message 6 of 9 (190 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1063 posts

Jun 22, 2014

When I read this I got really inspired to do the same when I grow a little bit older. I just want to take the time to say Happy Birthday and I just want to appreciate you for doing such a good deed. Keep on gaming and help others do the same Smiley Happy

-BlueMedz

Message 7 of 9 (163 Views)
I Only Post Everything
1028 posts

Jun 22, 2014

Happy Birthday.

Man, I am beside myself right now. If only this happened a tad earlier, it would have been about $5 to get all those wonderful children the ability to play Ni No Kuni, Wrath of the White Witch. Which is about as child friendly as it gets. I don't have a PS3, otherwise I'd likely help if I could. Good luck on your mission!

Message 8 of 9 (148 Views)
Sackboy
417 posts

Jun 22, 2014

If  you guys can, please try and keep this going. I need as much help as I can get. Doing this alone isa bitstressful so ifyou can mention this, Google+ it, tweet it, Facebook share it anything please do so. Thank you.

Message 9 of 9 (118 Views)
0 Likes