First Son
21 posts

Re: *CREDIT CARD NOT VALID* when @ Playstation Store

Apr 13, 2011

sony read your own board and fix this issue.

Message 81 of 96 (268 Views)
First Son
3 posts

Jul 9, 2011

They didn't accept my card either but charged $1 for every single time I tried! I hope they refund my $4 ASAP.

Message 82 of 96 (268 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3334 posts

Jul 10, 2011

I tried from visa to mastercard and it worked.

Image and video hosting by TinyPicHEAVY WEAPONS GUYImage and video hosting by TinyPic
Message 83 of 96 (268 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5406 posts

Jul 10, 2011

Cancerebro wrote:

They didn't accept my card either but charged $1 for every single time I tried! I hope they refund my $4 ASAP.

They don't actually charge your card $1, they just put a temporary hold on funds to confirm that the credit card information you enter is correct.  The $1 charges will never appear on your bill.

Message 84 of 96 (268 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
3 posts

Jul 17, 2011

Well the problem is that I used a virtual card. And even if it never will appear on my bill I can't use that money until it's refunded. And it's still not.

Message 85 of 96 (268 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
88 posts

Nov 20, 2011

Well I have this problem several times a year. I am able to add funds with no issue or problem for several months and then suddenly PSN won't allow me to add funds to my wallet. This is the third time it's happened for any period of time. I was able to make my last purchase in late October, buying Pay Day: The Heist the day it was released. The very next day I was unable to add funds to my wallet even though none of my information had been changed. I've tried the usual stuff of inputting your CC and billing information in again and that hasn't worked.

I've tried adding funds to my wallet through the various accounts management methods online and it tells me it doesn't recognize the same credit card I've made hundreds of dollars worth of PSN purchases with. I've gone as far as to contact my credit card company and they've informed me the problem isn't on their end. The credit card is unable to recieve verification on Sony's end.

I've tried to be patient and reasonable, but as a loyal Sony customer I have just about had it with this nonsense.

Do you want my business or don't you? I'm trying to give you my money, but you won't take 'Yes' for an answer.

Message 86 of 96 (268 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
387 posts

Nov 22, 2011

Same as OrionAssante.

Mine works fine for months, and one day for no reason I start getting denied.

This happened last month, I emailed, called, contacted bank & card people, tried from Qriosity - nothing.

Then around a week later it just started working again, with no prompts from my end at all.

This has happened a number of times for me now, so just wait it out.  It's 'normal' and just let it run it's course.

A $20 psn card worked as normal though, so I still got the Heist that week! 

*edit: just read deeper into your thread about the $1 charges to your virtual card bringing you under $25(?) or whatever each failed attempt.  Hopefully Sony understands this glitch and fixes you up!

Message 87 of 96 (268 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
2 posts

Feb 26, 2012

Exact same problem. Used to work, now I keep getting an error the card is invalid. It's not my first time buying online and after 10 tries, it's not me. Something is wrong.

Message 88 of 96 (268 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
3 posts

Apr 4, 2012

Same Issue here. Been trying for a week.  Even tried waiting a couple days before trying again, due to their infamous "lockout" if you get error'd out 3 time in a day.

I've tried via the Online website: Sony Entertainment Network

Via their PC App: Media GO

Via my PSP

Via my PS3

I've called multiple times and got the same run around.

I've verified my address with my credit card companies (MC, VISA, AMEX)

I've tried the millions of suggestions regarding Address input

- all caps

- all in one line

- add state after city

- with +4 zip code (i.e: 88888-8888)

- with periods (i.e: stretname Dr., streetname DR, etc DRIVE, etc drive)

And still I have nothing to show for it.  All I know is that there is a "sub" community world wide now that has angry, upset, customers that can't add funds to their wallet to purchase items from the PSN.

Hell, even then, there are those that can't even add the the pre-paid card codes without getting the infamous (80023102) error.

Sony, wtfmate?  Do you want to drive customers away, even after last years fiasco?

Message 89 of 96 (268 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
4 posts

Apr 5, 2012

I've always supported Sony in the hacking issue. But seriously after this? I'm starting to think they deserve it. >_> Apparently this problem has been ongoing for a number of years but they never bothered to fix it at all.

Message 90 of 96 (268 Views)
0 Likes