Lombax Warrior
166 posts

Re: *CREDIT CARD NOT VALID* when @ Playstation Store

Nov 28, 2010

After you update your credit card info and it says "Update successful". Wait about a week before trying to purhase or add funds to wallet. That worked for me. Basically you need to wait for the $1.00 test transaction to clear.

Message 71 of 96 (116 Views)
0 Likes
Monster Hunter
37 posts

Nov 28, 2010

Try to enter your credit card info on the website...Account Settings--->Manage Account--->Edit Billing Info 

Message 72 of 96 (116 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
2 posts

Dec 8, 2010

I did EVERYTHING that was listed on this thread still nothing. Sony really needs to get their act together. At first I didn't mind but after a week of this I am getting annoyed and quite agitated.

Message 73 of 96 (116 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
4 posts

Dec 8, 2010
Sigh.. I should have used emulators (LOL!) then I dont even have to bother with this. Im just trying to buy something and they just wont let me..

Seems like this is a common issue. Wonder when this is really gonna get fixed.
Message 74 of 96 (116 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
4 posts

Dec 8, 2010
Tried again with a lot of fixes according to their support advice. Still failed.

And it STILL even charges $1 when I got it wrong. Now there are like $13 or so charges from PSN in my bank statement.

I guess I should just leave this for awhile and not play any sony games for now.
Message 75 of 96 (116 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

Mar 6, 2011

hi! i just want to tell you that you are not alone in this yesterday i bougth a PSN Card but it dosent work :C

Message 76 of 96 (116 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

Mar 17, 2011

Same here ive reset the billing account an double checked everything a hundred freaking times an it still says that. Im bout to bust some heads at psn. I know its right and it wont take it

Message 77 of 96 (116 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

Mar 23, 2011

Just want to be another data point.  I have the same problem too and have been emailing PSN customer support.  So far their advice has not worked.... Here's what they told me to do:

•1. Activate the system. From the Xross Media Bar™ (XMB™), select , and then select .

•2. Please ensure all account information is accurate. Log in to your PlayStation Network® account,  go to Account Management > Account Information > Billing  Information, select the "Delete Billing Information" button, and press  the X button. Then re-enter your billing information on the same page.  The billing information should be entered exactly as it appears on your credit card statement.

•3. Remove the apartment number (if applicable).

•4. Try another credit card.

•5. Check with the bank to verify if the credit card uses AVS (Address Verification System) as a security feature.

Did everything -- called credit card companies... tried two different cards.  Same result "The credit card information is not valid."

Message 78 of 96 (116 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
2 posts

Mar 30, 2011

did playstation take any money from any of you during this? i tried it 4 times and each time they charged a dollar to my credit card now how can they claim invalad card if they are taking a doller from me? if this has happened to you has sony refunded your money?

Message 79 of 96 (116 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
18 posts

Apr 3, 2011

Some stores, including the PlayStation Store, charge a temporary fee of $1 just to see if the account exists. It will be removed within the following 7 days or so. How long it takes for it to be removed depends on your financial institution, but fear not, these $1 charges are only temporary.

My card doesn't support AVS and failed, of course, but these $1 charges were applied nonetheless showing that AVS seems entirely useless and is most likely the biggest problem of the PS Store, quite honestly. They do not need it. Every other stores I've ever used online, including every other console stores like Xbox Live, Nintendo Store, Steam, etc. Do not require AVS and my info has always been secure nonetheless over the countless years I've purchased online. I mean.. if every single banks out there would use AVS, I wouldn't mind its implementation, but when it's entirely up to the card suppliers to support it and that not even all of them do, requiring AVS is plain stupid and ridiculous on Sony's part.

Message 80 of 96 (116 Views)
0 Likes