First Son
7 posts

Re: *CREDIT CARD NOT VALID* when @ Playstation Store

Jul 10, 2010

Just a quick vent:

How unbelieveable that this system is still so incredibly borked. How pathetic that after a few years Sony still hasn't straightened out this issue!

Like everyone else, PS Store is not accepting my address when entered exactly as my bank has it. I tried entering it on one line to no avail. And now I'm locked out of changing the information on my account. Waiting to hear back from support on how to enter it.

Hard to imagine how many sales they've lost due to this. And for a company struggling to turn a profit, too! Sad, really.

So now I have to go to a bricks & mortar store to buy the card so I can come home and buy a couple games online! That's ironic—not to mention inconvenient.

Get with it, Sony! I expect this kind of thing from MSFT, but not you ...

Message 61 of 96 (111 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
3 posts

Aug 15, 2010

I would have to say that a bug (if you can even call it that) hasn't been fixed in over 3 years, then they must not want my business. Go buy a card is an answer an **bleep** would give a customer. I guess I'll borrow my brothers XBOX360 and see how that is or maybe just go back to PC where at least they address issues like this by fixing them instead of telling sorry it won't for you.

Very disheartening to say the least.

Message 62 of 96 (111 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
3 posts

Sep 29, 2010

Here is what worked for me.

On my bank statement, which is a joint account with my wife, looks like this..

MY FULL NAME
OR MY WIFES FULL NAME
6969 OUR STREET
SOMEWHEREVILLE, ZZ 90210

When they say it has to match, it all has to match. In my case, all caps and exact wording was not enough. I added the entire second line in the first box as far as it would let me (I couldn't fit past her middle initial) and let it ride.

MY FULL NAME OR MY WIFES FUL
Wouldn't ya know - went right through.

Basically it comes down to formatting on one side or the other (the financial institutions and the store)

I think some of the resolution posts were not very clear. There was also talk about the state not matching exactly in caps or not. This did not seem to be a problem as on mine it was caps abbreviation.

Happy gaming!

I should also mention that while my address was not on 2 separate lines, yours may be. If so, you may want to try doing as I did with the name with your address as well. Obviously I can not verify this but maybe if someone does, they could be so kind to let us know.

Message 63 of 96 (111 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

Nov 5, 2010

I tried putting my account details in with no luck yesterday, Went past the 5 tries mark and now it turns out im locked out from taking money out my Card at an ATM and my Pay hasn't been put in. Haven't been t the bank yet so im asking how long am i locked out from using my Bank Card for?

Message 64 of 96 (111 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
166 posts

Nov 5, 2010

PSN locks you out for 24 hours after a few attempts to update the credit card info. If your bank locked you out you have to call them because they may think your card was stolen so they put a block on it.

Message 65 of 96 (111 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

Nov 8, 2010

Cant believe this is still going on.  Sony must be losing a fair bit of money now.

How can my details suddenly just not work.  I made purchases not long ago and then it decided it didn't like the card details stored for more things I wanted.  It's just crazy.

You may have to pay for Xbox Live, but the whole online experience is so much better.

Get your act together Sony otherwise you'll be losing a whole lot more money!

Message 66 of 96 (111 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
2 posts

Nov 20, 2010

FIXED; Add all of your address to one line. Don't ever put anything on the second one.

Message 67 of 96 (111 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
2 posts

Nov 21, 2010

I also have the same problem i enter  the credit card info, my address etc and im 100% Sure that i entered everything correctly but right after i enter my Address and press confirm it says "The Credit card information you entered is not valid. Please Check your entries carefully." **bleep**???

Message 68 of 96 (111 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
9175 posts

Nov 21, 2010
I was able to purchase items, then when i tried to purchase more stuff my creditcard is apparently invalid ? Works everywhere i use it and the sad part was i had to buy points on the 360 site to get what i needed...
Message 69 of 96 (111 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

Nov 28, 2010

:manmad:
I am having the same problem.  I moved about 9 months ago and I haven't used my playstation at all.  I attempted to add to my wallet on PSN and it said invalid credit information.  Rather than do this on the PS3 I logged in to PSN on my desktop PC "hardwired" and entered all my information exactly how it is on my statement and to no avail I am unable to add funds.   I have tried 4 different credit cards, I even tried adding my parents credit card.  Point is this isn't working.  As far as I am concerned Sony could give a flying frack because they just tell you to go by a PSN card.  Im sure sony gets a chunk of those cards which is why they are so happy to offer them.  I surely hope someone will get a lawyer involved and file a class action lawsuit.   This is bull**bleep**!

Message 70 of 96 (111 Views)
0 Likes