First Son
7 posts

Re: *CREDIT CARD NOT VALID* when @ Playstation Store

Jun 3, 2010
I have the same exact problem as you vinster.

This was yesterday 06/02/10

I have only had the account for a week though, but it's a chase visa card as well.

Yesterday i purchased a $1.99 mini game, didn't know about that wallet thing at first, so i noticed it took 5 dollars put it in my wallet then deducted it.

Anyway, So i decided i would put $25 in that wallet since it needs to be there to purchase things.

It wouldnt kept saying my credit card is no longer valid, no matter how many steps i took of replacing the info, signing out in etc, all steps.

Why? I dunno

I figured Sony wanted my money, and i thought it was nice to be able to not have to go to the store for some games.

Message 51 of 96 (100 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
6 posts

Jun 3, 2010
It happened the same thing with me, I've been using it for some time now but no matter how many times I checked my CC info I kept getting the "no valid card information on card " or something similar when trying to add funds. What it shocked me is they kept debiting $1 for every account update so it wasn't that funny to see how $10 has gone out of my pocket just to update my playstation account.
Message 52 of 96 (100 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
12 posts

Jun 3, 2010

JaySL70 wrote:
It happened the same thing with me, I've been using it for some time now but no matter how many times I checked my CC info I kept getting the "no valid card information on card " or something similar when trying to add funds. What it shocked me is they kept debiting $1 for every account update so it wasn't that funny to see how $10 has gone out of my pocket just to update my playstation account.

This is very strange. On my case this $1 for every account update is not charged. I will made a contact with the Support, because i use this since August 2009 without any problem, I've spent more than $293 on PSN.

The mostly strange is when i made a account update, the system return that's ok, before that, system always returned some type of error to me.

This is weird.

Message 53 of 96 (100 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
6 posts

Jun 3, 2010

Edelmo wrote:

This is very strange. On my case this $1 for every account update is not charged. I will made a contact with the Support, because i use this since August 2009 without any problem, I've spent more than $293 on PSN.

The mostly strange is when i made a account update, the system return that's ok, before that, system always returned some type of error to me.

This is weird.

I'm only getting this error when I try to add funds to the wallet, my CC info gets updated no problem but after checking my online account, I get to see the $1 debit for CC verification but it keeps staying there and can't add funds to the wallet anymore.

Message 54 of 96 (100 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
7 posts

Jun 4, 2010

I figured it out, at least for my problem.

It wants your billing address on your credit/bank card & your account address information exactly the same.

My billing info on my card is written different from how i usually write my address when filling out a form or envelope for mailing, because it only had one address line to fill in when i last changed it on the bank site after moving to a new apartment.

So i changed both to match in the account management, went to put money in my wallett, & worked exactly as it should, Hope this helps.

Message 55 of 96 (100 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

Jun 9, 2010

JaySL70 wrote:

This has also happened to me. I've been using my credit card to purchase content from the PSN Store since late 2008 with absolutely no problems, but it just stopped working for some reason on around May 29th. I haven't made any changes and there aren't any problems on my bank's side so I don't really know what to make of it. I've tried a ton of suggestions online ever since and none of them have worked for me (including, sadly, thcrw7391's recent one). I've also e-mailed Sony about this, and after several "knowledge center"-based replies, they suggested I switch to using PSN cards instead, which, I think, is a real hassle.  Hopefully, there's a better solution for me out there.

Message 56 of 96 (100 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
2 posts

Jun 19, 2010
I think it about time for Sony to find some other method for handling purchases online. It is utter insane anyone has to go through all these ways for it not to work. And I did try all of them btw. I am about fresh out of ideas so I think I will spend the rest of my time pulling my hair out and roundly cursing Sony(in my head). Sheesh!
Message 57 of 96 (100 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
12 posts

Jun 21, 2010

I´ve made a test yesterday and works fine again. I've don't changed my account, and as i think, maybe is just some instability.

Anyone tried again?

Message 58 of 96 (100 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1029 posts

Jun 21, 2010

Tried a few days ago, got some random error code.  have not tried again.  Random error codes don't really help

hexpane
"Live your life, soaking up all my sunshine"-
-------------
Message 59 of 96 (100 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
66 posts

Jun 30, 2010

With regards to my earlier post stating that "Adding Funds" via the account website was working for me in Firefox but not in Chrome is incorrect.

I am currently working in China on assignment.  On Firefox, I have a proxy setting which connects to my work computers in USA, so using Firefox and doing a PSN "Add Funds" on the Playstation account management website works fine for me.

When I add the same proxy to both Chrome and IE, the "Add Funds" now works too.  If I remove the proxy, all browsers will fail to add funds.

So personally, it looks like there is some "Great Firewall" or filtering going on when the transaction process is requested from within China.  (As mentioned, this started happening for me from mid-May 2010 onwards.)  It is possible that some international users accessing the US PSN store payment may experience something similar.

My advice is to find and use a VPN tunnel or proxy server in the US.  Good luck.

Message 60 of 96 (100 Views)
0 Likes