Gaming Beast
2532 posts

Re: *CREDIT CARD NOT VALID* when @ Playstation Store

Mar 28, 2009
Ive had this problem before I had to call sony. Cause after a few trys it will lock your account managment up for 24 hours so you cant edit it. I was told by a rep there that every word and letter has to match your billing statement on your credit card/debit card. ( JOHN DOE   123  BIG DRIVE ) has to look like that when you enter your info on psn. Also not all credit card companys work with the PSN. Like mine my bank is redstone federal credit union, PSN will not accept that bank. its kinda picky. Best bet is to call sony and get help with it.
Message 41 of 96 (407 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

Apr 21, 2009
Wow, great job Sony!  This thread is well over a year old and we're still having the same issue.  Wander how much money was lost over that time while they whine how they take a loss on each PS3 sold.  I know I'm not even going to bother trying anymore.
Message 42 of 96 (407 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
60 posts

Jul 12, 2009
Look on your CC account online and see exactly how your address is listed.  What made it work for me is that my CC address had four numbers at the end of the zip code, like 10001-XXXX.  You put those four numbers in after the zip code WITHOUT spaces in your PSN account and it worked for me.  Eg: 100011234
Message 43 of 96 (407 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
12 posts

Jul 31, 2009
This is how I finally made mine work.  I had to go look at my statement and change my account info in PSN to look exactly like my info on my american express billing statement.  This includes all abbreviations, etc.  It finally works.  What a royal pain.  I haven't had this problem with Amazon.com or any other merchant.
Message 44 of 96 (407 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

May 5, 2010

I just got it to work. I realised that when inputting my details using my PS3 controller it was adding a space to the end of the "card name" field and when I deleted that space it worked. Gotta say it's kinda retarded but it worked, so my advice is to look for any wayward spaces if you're using the controller to input your details.

Message 45 of 96 (407 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
15 posts

May 31, 2010

I tried 2 different cards also!  Its not working.  I checked all info and its all valid   SONY if you are reading this why don't you want my stinking money!?    I don't have a PO box or have a apartment so I have no clue why this wouldn't be working.  I repeat the info is all VALID!!  Cut the crap and say something useful or i'll zap you with my evil robot Robot Mad

Oh and I tried online and it gave me the same error I get on the console...  I once again tried with both cards online 

And im using a keyboard so I don't get that "space" on PS3 Robot Very Happy "cards are valid because PSN wasn't working I just bought a new game online"

Message 46 of 96 (407 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
15 posts

May 31, 2010
@fezat You have to wait 24 hours I think for it to update... But for me its when I add funds. It says error credit card invalid. But when I update billing info it goes in fine so im blank xP
Message 47 of 96 (407 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
12 posts

May 31, 2010

You need to get a statement and compare it to your online PSN account.  All of the info has to match *exactly*, upper and lower case, abbreviations, all of it.  Chances are there's still one thing that isn't quite right.

You can always just buy Playstation Network cards.  They come in lots of different amounts...  http://www.amazon.com/PlayStation-Network-Card-10-3/dp/B002W8D0EQ/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=videogames&qi...

Message 48 of 96 (407 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
66 posts

Jun 1, 2010

InFerNos972 wrote:
@fezat You have to wait 24 hours I think for it to update... But for me its when I add funds. It says error credit card invalid. But when I update billing info it goes in fine so im blank xP

I started experiencing this since last week too.  I have used the same visa credit card (Chase visa via United Airlines)  for around 3 years with no issues on the PSN store.   I think I am one of Sony's most prolific buyers of PSN ps3 downloads!

I tried everything I searched for, ie:

- entered all info exactly as it appears on my statement.

- deleted all account info, logged out of psn, logged back in and re-entered billing info.

- entered billing info via website (via PC) at https://store.playstation.com/accounts/manage/cam_index.vm

None of the above worked for me, although every time I updated the billing info, it was accepted with no problems.  However, when I try to add funds, or go to the PSN store to buy something, it would say "The credit card is no longer valid" or "Invalid card on file" or something similar.  I then tried my credit card at a few other online stores and it was accepted just fine and managed to buy stuff using it.

I have given up for now.  I wanted Solder-X2, so I went to amazon.com to buy and get the code (although amazon doesn't carry every title, add-ons, etc).

I think Sony really needs to get to the bottom of this.  It may be affecting only a handful of users, but it is enough to PO anyone trying.  If anyone has more info on what changed or how this can be fixed, please enlighten.  Thanks!

Message 49 of 96 (407 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
12 posts

Jun 2, 2010
Exactly the same thing happened to me today.
Message 50 of 96 (407 Views)
0 Likes