First Son
9 posts

Re: *CREDIT CARD NOT VALID* when @ Playstation Store

Jan 17, 2008
Using your Mom's credit card is not the answer I want to hear from Sony.
Never has worked for me either. Always says "Credit Card Information is not valid" - which it is obviously not because I can logon to my Credit Cards site and see the $1.00 charge coming through with the "Merchant" name of "PLAYSTATION NETWORK 877-971-7669 US".

So if thats NOT the freaking number we're supposed to call for assistance for their crappy store, what is it and why on earth would they setup their Merchant Name using that phone number?

Is someone going to tell me that I am typing my information in wrong too?  The PSN CC authorization does not work correctly.

Message 31 of 96 (344 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
3 posts

Jan 17, 2008
hey guys, this happened to me also check on this simple thing first.

Make sure you do not use any abbreviations at all not for street avenue or anything like that. Spell it out fully.

I was having the same problem and was typing in st. for street and was giving invalid all the time until i figured it out.

try that and see if it works.
Message 32 of 96 (344 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
9 posts

Jan 17, 2008
I actually had my Credit Card website up in one window and PSN site in another.  I copied VERBATIM what is setup as my address from the CC site to the PSN site.
My street address is only one line too.  All spelled the same.  Same State.  Same City and Zip. 
All info is correct.
Message 33 of 96 (344 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

Mar 7, 2009
you know what , i have credit card , a Master card and a visa , but  the master card dont work , and all the info is the same o.o so whats up with that
Message 34 of 96 (344 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

Mar 7, 2009

I had the same issue when i tried to purchase a game.  I moved all address info into address line #1 and my card was then processed. 

For some reason you can not have anything in address line 2 

Message 35 of 96 (344 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
2 posts

Mar 7, 2009

Im having this problem aswell. I need to update my credit card info because my card expired, but it just does not work. I tried EVERYTHING everyone has been sugesting in this thread. I tried re-entering ALL MY INFO EXACTLY like on my papers. All on one line. I've tried re entering from the PC and PS3 too, and its a VISA card.

I keep getting " credit card canot be updated...."message. WHAT to DO?

Message 36 of 96 (344 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
6421 posts

Mar 7, 2009
same here...

sony fanboy and SOCOM>online shooters, FTB3!!!

Message 37 of 96 (344 Views)
0 Likes
VxF
Uncharted Territory
1891 posts

Mar 8, 2009

I have tried everything under the sun, but only at the third credit card I managed to get it to work. Until the card expired, at which point I was unable to get the new one to work.

In my experience, the issue is with entering everything exactly the way SONY wants it. But guessing that can be terribly frustrating. Punctuation, capitalization, spacing - all matters.

But one common issue is people pressing 'start' to end a line. That adds one extra space (often or always, I am not sure). That extra space will mess things up. Be careful...

But SONY not fixing this, which has been going on since day one of the PSN store, is just ridiculous. I am sure they are losing a decent amount of revenue because a lot of people just can't get it to work.

Photobucket
Message 38 of 96 (344 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
2 posts

Mar 28, 2009
yep.  im having the exact same issue.  its not me putting things in wrong, its not my card or my bank.  this is an issue with sony.  im pissed.
Message 39 of 96 (344 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

Mar 28, 2009

i have the same problem. but my card was working from day one and i never had any problems.

my last purchase from the store was on the 20th. when i logged in on thursday the 26th, i get the error "the funds were unable to be added to your wallet". when i go to my billing info, i check to see that everything was right and got the invalid credit card error too. got the same error with another one of my credit cards and both are valid and have been used since the 26th. 

you cant say i entered any of my info wrong because it worked a week ago and i never changed it since, nor has my card expired, my address changed, my bank closed down, and i know my wife hasnt gone on a shopping spree.

i can see that perhaps with the store update, they changed something with their cc billing. but whatever is wrong, i'm gonna bet its on their end.

Message 40 of 96 (344 Views)
0 Likes