Lombax Warrior
240 posts

Re: *CREDIT CARD NOT VALID* when @ Playstation Store

Dec 31, 2007
and was able to add money to my wallet from the pc psn site. And yes, now this forum may help some people, so there!
Message 11 of 96 (1,876 Views)
Fender Bender
3873 posts

Dec 31, 2007
At least -I'm- willing to admit the possibility exists that more than one person can make the same mistake.
Message 12 of 96 (1,876 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
11 posts

Dec 31, 2007

Megacam wrote:
and was able to add money to my wallet from the pc psn site. And yes, now this forum may help some people, so there!

I've already tried that 100 times and still can't get it to work. It's gettin on my nerves.
Message 13 of 96 (1,876 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
6 posts

Dec 31, 2007
I had to change info after my credit card expired a couple of months ago, and registration stopped working for me too, even though the only things I was changing were the expiry date and security code.  Everything else was EXACTLY the same.  I didn't even touch the address.  Left it just as it was when it was working before. 

Every time I tried to register my new info, temporary $1.00 charges would appear on my online credit card statement, but the card just was not valid as far as Sony was concerned.  Something changed in the way Sony was accepting CC addresses...that much was clear to me after seeing that quite a number of people had the same problem (do a search and see).  What exactly changed?  I had no clue, and I didn't want to try too many times and get my CC locked by my CC company.

Up until tonight, neither forums nor Sony tech support/customer service were any help.  I followed randc47's advice tonight and put my apartment info on the first line of my address...even though on my CC billing address, it is CLEARLY & DEFINITELY on the second line (with the street address being on the first line).  I am most pleased to say that switching them around has worked!!!  Thanks randc47!!!

I really wish that people on here would give others a bit more credit than just giving the easy answer, "You are entering it wrong!", to the point where they are willing to say that many people have the same dumb-headed inability to enter their own addresses correctly and that it just CANNOT be something on Sony's side.  All of these people that have this problem just can't enter stuff correctly, while you can, and you just can't understand why they are not as smart and exacting as you are...Yeah...THAT makes sense.  People know their own addresses!  How the heck are we to get Sony to improve the PlayStation Network if we don't make an earnest effort to get to the bottom of a problem?  Try this sometime instead of just shrugging people off.

The problem is not how the person is entering their address.  They may be entering it exactly as their CC bill shows, while Sony is reversing the first and second lines of that address. 

I suppose in the case where one may have just a street address only, if it is not working for you on the first address line, try leaving that first line empty and putting your street address on the second line.  I'm not certain, but maybe that will work.

My thing is, Sony too had better make every effort to get to the bottom of this, and like some persons on this forum, they need to stop telling people that they are entering their addresses wrong.  When I called customer service, they were with the same crap, "Try re-entering it.  You might be entering it wrong."  No, you are accepting it wrong!...and you are losing dollars while people cannot register their CCs in order to buy your stuff.  Not everyone will come online and search for a fix.  Some will just give up and go elsewhere.

Anyway, I think that I have ranted enough.  To those who are still having this problem, try the above out, and let the rest who need REAL help know how it works out for you.
Message 14 of 96 (1,876 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
11 posts

Dec 31, 2007
I've tried everything and nothing will work for me. I am entering everything perfectly and like I have on every other website or anywhere I've entered credit card information and this is pissing me off so bad.
Message 15 of 96 (1,876 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
240 posts

Dec 31, 2007
for some reason, I did have to move my address so that it was all on line 1 of the address part. It was on two lines when I logged into the PC PSN site, even though I always put the entire address on one line through the PS3...weird.
Message 16 of 96 (1,876 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
6 posts

Dec 31, 2007
bigjerm13, did you try exchanging the info on the address lines as well?  Also, as Megacam is saying, puting it all on one line may also work. 

I also have never had to change any order of info on any other website, big or small.

As I said before, there is something wrong and Sony needs to fix it.  Maybe their CC platform needs to be upgraded.  Who knows.  I just hope that someone at Sony will see this thread, as well as the other threads, and report it to the necessary department.

Message Edited by bigbwoy on 12-31-2007 11:53 AM
Message 17 of 96 (1,876 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
11 posts

Dec 31, 2007
my address is only one line as is..... its short like 111 joe schmo lane..... then i put my city where it says city, then i put my state where it says state, then i put my zip where it says zip. Love to know what I'm doing wrong.
Message 18 of 96 (1,876 Views)
Fender Bender
3409 posts

Dec 31, 2007
Does your credit card info match the Address info on the PS3 account?

have you moved recently?
Message 19 of 96 (1,876 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
11 posts

Dec 31, 2007
I already changed my ps3 address so it matches perfectly with my credit card address. I'll try again tomorrow because people have said it locks you out for 24 hours and everytime I try it says try again in a few minutes or whatever, appreciate the help guys. Hopefully it'll work next time.
Message 20 of 96 (1,876 Views)
0 Likes