they even renamed it

http://oi41.tinypic.com/2ecfcsg.jpg

Message 11 of 64 (276 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1013 posts

Re: CONGRATULATIONS SONY!!!

Jun 7, 2013
If you look at the PS1 and PS2 days when Sony did have a major dominance over the console market, you will see that Sony had not taken advantage of their dominance. Instead they used that dominance in order to get high quality franchises into the market. Some of these are major, major players in today's video game franchises (Call of Duty for one) that may have still been released, but would not have had the success that has made them the mega blockbusters of video games that they are now. There was also a huge increase in the variety of games that resulted from Sony's dominance and acceptance of independent developers.

The video game industry went from Mario and Sonic being the main franchises to having over 100 highly successful franchises that have shaped our view on what is acceptable in video games, as well as what (at that time) the primary genre, platformers, are able to do. Crash Bandicoot brought a whole new view on what a platformer could do.

Going by these few of hundreds of examples, when Sony is on top, the gaming industry is greatly improved with new franchises, new styles of gameplay, and an overall increase in the quality of games.
My PSN
Message 12 of 64 (272 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
71 posts

Jun 7, 2013
@hitman damnn that console looks sickk lol
Message 13 of 64 (264 Views)
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
13058 posts

Jun 7, 2013

semajmarc87 wrote:

If Microsoft fails with the Xbox One, maybe a spot will open for Sega in the console market. I know a lot of people who would like to see a Sega Dreamcast 2.

OMG I LOVED the dreamcast. I don't care what anyone says the dreamcast is one of the best consoles of all time 

Are you a WWE fan? click here to join the discussion

Thanks Saviorsixtysix for the sig
Message 14 of 64 (259 Views)
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
15333 posts

Jun 7, 2013

If people were this combative over toasters I would have had a toaster that butters bread in the early 90's.

Imperator Danknovaxperaux Divi filius Imp XIII Pont Max Trib Pot XLIX Cos CXVI Primus Signiferi Box-xy Princeps Moderatores Pater Forum

Fabulous!
Message 15 of 64 (250 Views)
Uncharted Territory
1392 posts

Jun 7, 2013

darknovaxp wrote:

If people were this combative over toasters I would have had a toaster that butters bread in the early 90's.

i know right lol

Message 16 of 64 (237 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1873 posts

Jun 7, 2013

dmgincracing wrote:

Congratulations Sony! Unless you pull a colossal epic screw up like Microsoft on a scale none have seen so far, you are going to complete and utterly DOMINATE with the PS4! Let's all give Microsoft a round of applause for utterly destroying the XBox as a game console!

let me point out that mostly everything that we know about the Xbox One is rumors at this point and COULD change at a given moment before the consoles release given the negative reception it has been given.  So in other words, don't jump the gun yet.  There is still plenty of time before both consoles relase.  I wouldn't make any claims till at least a year or two after both launch to see how they perform.

PSN: Deadly_Rabbit123
XBL: BruteForce94

Proud Owner of Xbox One and PS4
Message 17 of 64 (231 Views)
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
13058 posts

Jun 7, 2013

Deadly_Rabbit123 wrote:

dmgincracing wrote:

Congratulations Sony! Unless you pull a colossal epic screw up like Microsoft on a scale none have seen so far, you are going to complete and utterly DOMINATE with the PS4! Let's all give Microsoft a round of applause for utterly destroying the XBox as a game console!

let me point out that mostly everything that we know about the Xbox One is rumors at this point and COULD change at a given moment before the consoles release given the negative reception it has been given.  So in other words, don't jump the gun yet.  There is still plenty of time before both consoles relase.  I wouldn't make any claims till at least a year or two after both launch to see how they perform.

It came from the offical xbox site....

Are you a WWE fan? click here to join the discussion

Thanks Saviorsixtysix for the sig
Message 18 of 64 (226 Views)
Uncharted Territory
1392 posts

Jun 7, 2013
Deadly rabbit this has been confirmed today straight from microsoft
Message 19 of 64 (223 Views)
Highlighted
Lombax Warrior
189 posts

Jun 7, 2013

Microsoft is clearly dominating the mindshare of gamers now, on the bad side though.

Message 20 of 64 (189 Views)