Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Reply
PlayStation MVP
Registered: 12/24/2007
Offline
15650 posts
 

Re: CNN : 5 reasons the Playstation 4 will crush the competition

[ Edited ]
Jul 6, 2013

Mikewarrior wrote:

gR3yGh051 wrote:

Misleading thread, as they also have an article titled "5 Reasons the Xbox One will crush the competition".

They're not splitting hairs.... they're just taking the positive points of both consoles


Yes, but why should I post those positives about the Xbone here? Did you even compare them? Yeah, they don't even compare.

 

Halo? = Gran Turismo is a bigger franchise

Titanfall? = Not exclusive, and will eventually come to the PS4

SmartGlass? = Sony has iOS and Android support for the PS4, along with Vita 

Kinect? = That is seeming to hurt them more than help

TV? = Do People buy game consoles to watch Tv? 

 

So please how does that compare to the 5 reasons that favor the PS4? 


I guess you forgot where I said "They're not splitting hairs" and putting them against each other because they're not really comparing the consoles to one another? But I guess I'm the only person who is not biased

Logic, who would've thought eh? Oh wait.... No one thinks anymore.
Message 21 of 26 (142 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Sackboy
Registered: 08/09/2009
Offline
522 posts
 

Re: CNN : 5 reasons the Playstation 4 will crush the competition

Jul 6, 2013

gR3yGh051 wrote:

I guess you forgot where I said "They're not splitting hairs" and putting them against each other because they're not really comparing the consoles to one another? But I guess I'm the only person who is not biased


I guess you forgot where I asked YOU if YOU compared them?

 

So if they are not splitting hairs, then (Like I asked) WHY should I post that here?

 

Oh, and you saying you are not biased is a joke. Looks like you are trying to defend the Xbone. I got news for you... EVERY person has a preference, and MY preference (PS4) has **bleep** good reasons for why I have them. If I was truly a biased fanboy, I wouldn't have switched from the Xbox brand to the Playstation, or the Playstation to the Xbox more than 11 years ago.

Message 22 of 26 (136 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
Registered: 02/25/2012
Offline
889 posts
 

Re: CNN : 5 reasons the Playstation 4 will crush the competition

Jul 6, 2013

Xbox One might fall to the 3rd console curse.

 

Sega Saturn - fail

Nintendo 64 - fail for Nintendo and fail compared to the Psone

Playstation 3 - very rocky start.

Neo Geo CD - huge fail

 

Every 3rd system from this company either did extremely terrible or in Sony's case had a very rough start. Luckily they managed to turn things around and become the world's top selling game console.

 

Sidenote: You could say that Sega's 3rd machine was the Sega CD but that was an attachment for the Genesis as was the 32X. Both of which failed hard. Either way you count them it's a fail.

 photo wizard_zps4173ab5c.png
Message 23 of 26 (132 Views)
Sackboy
Registered: 08/09/2009
Offline
522 posts
 

Re: CNN : 5 reasons the Playstation 4 will crush the competition

Jul 6, 2013

W1Z4RDRY wrote:

Xbox One might fall to the 3rd console curse.

 

Sega Saturn - fail

Nintendo 64 - fail for Nintendo and fail compared to the Psone

Playstation 3 - very rocky start.

Neo Geo CD - huge fail

 

Every 3rd system from this company either did extremely terrible or in Sony's case had a very rough start. Luckily they managed to turn things around and become the world's top selling game console.

 


I agree, The Xbone doesn't have very good reasons for it to succeed like the PS4 has, and I don't see it being supported all that much outside of the U.S. - Even in the U.S. Microsoft lost a lot of fans, alinated a lot of people due to price, and doesn't have that year head start.

 

The only reason I believe Sony's PS3 was able to surpass the 360 in total units sold was due to their very strong Playstation name brand in every part of the World. 

 

The biggest reason why I think companies fail around their 3rd console is because they become very Arrogant, and we saw that with Sony, and greatly so with Microsoft. This is why microsoft should fail = They need to get brought back down to Earth. People do not like being dictated (Like an Emperior) as to what they'll buy regardless.

Message 24 of 26 (129 Views)
First Son
Registered: 02/16/2013
Offline
1 posts
 

Re: CNN : 5 reasons the Playstation 4 will crush the competition

Jul 7, 2013
I like the Xbox one but my friends are telling me to get the ps4 I like playstation but the games Are boring Except battlefield 4 and xbox has more games
Message 25 of 26 (105 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Sackboy
Registered: 08/09/2009
Offline
522 posts
 

Re: CNN : 5 reasons the Playstation 4 will crush the competition

[ Edited ]
Jul 7, 2013

david_979 wrote:
I like the Xbox one but my friends are telling me to get the ps4 I like playstation but the games Are boring Except battlefield 4 and xbox has more games

So you played all the PS4 games already? That's cool, what was InFamous Second Son like? lol

 

I have news for YOU!

 

Known first year games

 

What system has more games? 

Message 26 of 26 (83 Views)
Reply
0 Likes