Nov 01 2012
By: maes-haze First Son 5 posts
Accepted Solution

CECHA1 brlod (Repair Question)

9 replies 182 views Edited Nov 1, 2012

I experienced this power issue last night after completeing the newest update, it worked for approximately 5 minutes while I was continuing my game of Resident Evil 6, it just powered off.  I can not turn it on now, it turns on, blinks yellow onces then blinks red several times before turning off to a constant red.  I've found multiple solutions for this none of which I feel comfortable doing.  I would send it in to Sony but I am one of the few who actually plays PS2 games on my console, and rumor has it they'll send me a refurbished newer console.  I don't want that.  Any ideas or well used repairmen that have fixed multiple of these?  I live in seattle but will send it anywhere that has a legit business.

Thanks

Message 1 of 10 (182 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
24785 posts

Re: CECHA1 brlod (Repair Question)

Nov 1, 2012
Message 2 of 10 (180 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
5 posts

[ Edited ]
Nov 1, 2012

thanks mate

Message 3 of 10 (174 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
24785 posts

Nov 1, 2012
Message 4 of 10 (171 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
120 posts

Nov 1, 2012
Think he meant mate.
There is no permanent solution that you can do yourself. Itt needs to be reballed. Which is most likely the case on ur ps3. It could be the HDD or power supply if ur lucky. You can test these. Do the fan test, it it performs, then its not ur power supply, then remove the HDD and see if it powers on. If not, ur on the same boat a lot of people have been on or will be sailing on soon
Message 5 of 10 (160 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
24785 posts

Nov 1, 2012

MountainDewFKR wrote:
Think he meant mate.
There is no permanent solution that you can do yourself. Itt needs to be reballed. Which is most likely the case on ur ps3. It could be the HDD or power supply if ur lucky. You can test these. Do the fan test, it it performs, then its not ur power supply, then remove the HDD and see if it powers on. If not, ur on the same boat a lot of people have been on or will be sailing on soon

I thought that too. I was being funny. Hence the emoticon.

The "fan test" is never a good idea to do......

Message 6 of 10 (151 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
120 posts

Nov 1, 2012
Doesnt really matter if you have ylod. I would never perform on a properly working ps3.
Message 7 of 10 (148 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
120 posts

Nov 1, 2012
And yes, if they can't fix it they will send a refurbished. I sent my 40 gig fat and they sent me an exact replacement. But if you have the backwards comp one I think they will send u a refurb slim. That's what they did for my bro inlaw. Don't mess around too much inside ur ps3 if u might send it to Sony cause they may refuse to do anything to it.
Message 8 of 10 (145 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
258 posts

Nov 1, 2012

what is brlod? Sounds like you have the ylod. You should use youtube video on how to repair the ylod. They are step by step and easily to do even for noobs. All you need is a heat gun which cost about $20 and some thermal paste, such as artic silver 5 or mx-4 for around $7-9. The  percentage of successfully reflowing your system by yourself using youtube video is 99%. I have done many ylod repair for friends and all of them were successful. The hard part is getting the nerve to actually do it. They last around 1 month up to 2 years before it will ylod again. Or you can ship it to repair shops like endless electronic, but it will cost $30 for diagnose fee, $25 for shipping, and $80 for the repair. You are looking at $135 for the repair. Or you can ship to sony for $150 if its out or warrantly but sony wont send your back your system. They will send you a refub slim instead. So its up to you.

Message 9 of 10 (139 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
120 posts

Nov 1, 2012
I don't know if it was a promotion but when I sent my ps3 it cost $110 total, after Sony received it I had my replacent in 3 days, I was surprised how quick it was
Message 10 of 10 (134 Views)
0 Likes