Nov 06 2012
By: BiG-C-LoS-909 First Son 6 posts

CAN PS3 HDD CAUSE BLU-RAY DRIVE TO FAIL

11 replies 249 views Edited Nov 6, 2012

IVE HAD MY LASER RELACED TWICE AND THE SECCOND TIME I DID IT AND PUT A GAME IN AND IT WOULDNT READ I BEEN HEARING THAT THE HDD CAN CAUSE IT NOT TO READ AND BLU DISC 

Message 1 of 12 (249 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
6 posts

Re: CAN PS3 HDD CAUSE BLU-RAY DRIVE TO FAIL

Nov 6, 2012
IM JUS LOOKING FOR ANSWERS IM NEW TO THIS
Message 2 of 12 (239 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
7208 posts

Nov 6, 2012

BiG-C-LoS-909 wrote:

IVE HAD MY LASER RELACED TWICE AND THE SECCOND TIME I DID IT AND PUT A GAME IN AND IT WOULDNT READ I BEEN HEARING THAT THE HDD CAN CAUSE IT NOT TO READ AND BLU DISC 

thats harrd question to answer.!!  But  if you  did yourself then  maybe it was human error. but  if had some one else do it for you . you got screwed over with poor workman ship becuase i have never  heard of it happen 2wice after a replace  the 1st time.

I cant give  detailed answer becuase i dont have one to give onthe facts given.. I dont think the hdd can  mess up  your laser performace... i think the laser messes  up becuase of internal dust .

Mcbuttz78

vp-psn legioniaree group.

Seek wisdom, not knowledge. Knowledge is of the past, Wisdom is of the future

Message 3 of 12 (234 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
6 posts

Nov 6, 2012
YEA I TOOK IT INTO A SHOP THAT WORKS ON THEM AND THEY NEVER HAD ANY PROBLEM BEFORE WITH OTHERS THE 1ST TIME IT WAS WORKING FINE UNTILL ONE DAY IT FROZE UP ON ME AND IT WAS DONE LOL BUT IT STILL PLAYED DVD
Message 4 of 12 (229 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
7208 posts

Nov 6, 2012

BiG-C-LoS-909 wrote:
YEA I TOOK IT INTO A SHOP THAT WORKS ON THEM AND THEY NEVER HAD ANY PROBLEM BEFORE WITH OTHERS THE 1ST TIME IT WAS WORKING FINE UNTILL ONE DAY IT FROZE UP ON ME AND IT WAS DONE LOL BUT IT STILL PLAYED DVD

the ps3 blu ray laser is unique.. It not just a regular blu ray  dvd reader.   So i think they just swapped out on you.. It nothing much you can do now but  send it sony and have them fix it the right way..I hope you the best the luck with that and  it should go smoothly and work  for  a better period of time.. I dont trust mom and pop shops with fixing consoles, they will  do  you in ever time..

Mcbuttz78

Message 5 of 12 (224 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
6 posts

Nov 6, 2012
yea im not using a mom and pops shop i stay away from them lol but the guy fixing it went to school for it and he really well know around and he is a good friens of mine lol
Message 6 of 12 (218 Views)
0 Likes
Big Daddy
16918 posts

[ Edited ]
Nov 6, 2012

The hdd does not cause it...... Just a stroke of bad luck and a bad batch of replacement lasers.

I used to repair PS3s and have gone through this as well with my supplier a few times. The best that I could do with my customers is eat the cost and fix it for free for those that were out of my 90 day warranty

Furiously Chaosing
Message 7 of 12 (216 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
6 posts

Nov 6, 2012
yea im guessing its jus the lasers but thats what i heard about the hdd can cause it if it was corrupted or something like that
Message 8 of 12 (208 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
7208 posts

[ Edited ]
Nov 6, 2012

BiG-C-LoS-909 wrote:
yea im guessing its jus the lasers but thats what i heard about the hdd can cause it if it was corrupted or something like that

yes only when  it has a mass amount of  internal dust or the gamers  shut the console of during a update the  hdd  can corrupt. But it can be revesed and fixed. Thats wonderful thing about  ps3, it can never really break/

Some times folks  know their stuff and you resepct them  and all.  Sometime it best to just pay the  money  becuase nothing ruins a friendship like them screwing up your loved mercandise..lol.. I have have  been there  in that issue with my lawnmower.In the long haul  you save more than  you spent..  I understand money is hard to come by but  some times you have do spend that money  Smiley Happy. i wish youthe best  inthe future.

If he is  telling the hdd  corrupted  your laser..   if you had major  dust issue yes it possible. But if that is not  the case then,  he swapped out on you with  laser than cant read ps3 games and just dvd  and music becuase   ps3 blu ray laser is unique and has alot  of purposes functions that normal  blu ray laser cannot do. becuase it has alto componnets that make it do these thing  and  a regular blu ray laser just wont cut it.. Any way  good luck and happy gaming in the future Smiley Happy

Mcbuttz78

Message 9 of 12 (203 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
6 posts

Nov 6, 2012
yea u said it right there but i trust him and he said it should be done by this week i belive him if not i jus send it in to sony and get a refurber

but yea i never had that problem during an update and ive alway dusted it out monthly lol
Message 10 of 12 (199 Views)
0 Likes