Big Daddy
16918 posts

Re: C/D Response to Kinectless XB1 should be 1TB HDD.

May 24, 2014

Bowl10 wrote:
Sony could give us external HDD support and ability to install games on external drives, the end.
I will buy a new 4TB once they announce the news.

That is just an invitation for piracy. 

Furiously Chaosing
Message 11 of 23 (159 Views)
Wastelander
614 posts

May 24, 2014

False. The only response Sony needs right now is faster updates for the PS4 and the PlayStation App. Let's have the majority of the PS4's features available for the majority of the PS4's lifespan.

digitalseraph2.jpg

Add me as a friend to chat or just play games -- PSNid: seraphim_falconu

checkoutbanner.jpg

Message 12 of 23 (156 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
1581 posts

[ Edited ]
May 24, 2014

SC-GRAY_FOX wrote:

M$ has been dropping the ball with the XB1 since their E3 press conference last June and they continue to do so. This was their shot at making their system BETTER then the PS4 yet they threw away another oppurnity b/c the people at the head of the  gaming division are morons. Not that I want  the XB1 to be bettter then the PS4 but I like pointing out how stupid M$ is. 

So now the new Xbox will be equal to, not better then the PS4 so how is that suppose to help generate more sales? What they should have done is drop the kinect, drop the price by $100 and thrown in a 1TB HDD, but the problem with that is that its a huge slap in the face to the core base gamers who paid $500 7 months ago for a 500 HD unit with a kinect that they didnt want. So as usual M$ continues to make mistakes all steming back from E3 where they laid the ground work for choices that will never be right with this console for a long time, they keep tripping over their own shoe laces.

its easy to spin it and make anything look bad what you dislike a company just for the sake of disliking them, but the fact is microsoft is trying to improve their product and put themselves in a better position to catch up with sony in the sales department.  This, folks, is what proper competion is all about..

How is Microsoft not installing a 1TB drive in the XB1 any different then sony not doing it?  Both of them should have offered 1TB to start with.  500gb is a joke with the CURRENT game sizes.

doc shady signature
Message 13 of 23 (135 Views)
First Son
7 posts

May 25, 2014

I'm that type of gamer that once I'm offically %100 done with a game I delete it and sell it on Amazon. So my HD memory doesn't run very high. However, I purchased a 1 TB HD upgrade for my PS4 day one!!! 500gb is not enough at all and soon I believe we'll see games at 50gb. Maybe even higher Man Sad. But in the time being I'm perfectly fine with a TB, but 500gb....not in your life sport.

Message 14 of 23 (108 Views)
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
15795 posts

May 25, 2014

There's the June update that will add an external HDD. That should help with storage issues. But it's still not as good as being able to install a bigger HDD into the PS4. That's a PS4 advantage IMO.

Multisystem owner. PlayStation owner since 2000. Inaugural PS Plus member:Legendary status. Former PS forum MVP with a launch PS3 & PS4.

Message 15 of 23 (108 Views)
Sackboy
466 posts

May 25, 2014
Smaller hdd works better.
Message 16 of 23 (105 Views)
0 Likes
Last Guardian
12005 posts

May 25, 2014
That will never happen... For the same reason why external hard drives on the ps3 can only be used for backup or media storage, they don't want you to be able to pirate the games.. Hence why games can only be installed to the internal hard drive, I would safely assume it will be the same when Sony decides to add external hd support to the ps4..
>

Message 17 of 23 (100 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
63 posts

May 26, 2014

I don't see why piracy should be an issue with using external drives for games so long as a  physical media [disc] check is also used with it.

Message 18 of 23 (80 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
9212 posts

May 26, 2014

thegreatsquare wrote:

I don't see why piracy should be an issue with using external drives for games so long as a  physical media [disc] check is also used with it.

easy modding the ps4 and they can play any game at least single player or if the game have lan then they can play by lan.

wssclanXbox one: Phew Phew Phew.
Ps4:BANG BANG BANG.
Outcome: Xbox One is down call the ambulance"Wii U Wii U Wii U
Message 19 of 23 (74 Views)
0 Likes
Last Guardian
12005 posts

May 26, 2014
You forget games can also be purchased digitally, no discs required to run digitally purchased games.
>

Message 20 of 23 (55 Views)