10986194064_5dc970e4df_z.jpg

This why PS+ is a must. nuff said

Long, Live, Play ~PlayStation
Message 11 of 45 (247 Views)
Fender Bender
3152 posts

Re: Bye Bye console and PlayStation

Nov 25, 2013
Op, a lot of people feel the same way you do. Even though everyone on this forum is excited to pay a monthly fee for sub-par online gameplay and a few crappy free games, I know plenty of long time gamers who are not buying a playstation system for the first time because of this money grab by $ony.

Kudos for sticking to your guns op.
Message 12 of 45 (230 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
11460 posts

Nov 25, 2013

The one thing you're missing is that PlayStation Plus is only a necessity if you choose to play online games. When it comes to the PlayStation 4 you won't need to spend a cent to play all the single-player games you want and to head online to do some shopping through the store or to sync your trophies.

The downside to this equation is the supposed benefits that Plus will give you. If you want to play Resogun or Contrast without having to spend $30 to play the games at launch then obviously these examples are one way to start giving you value toward whatever money you spent on the Plus card.

Not every game offered through Plus might appeal to you, but if there are some out there that you wouldn't mind playing then there could be a chance that spending up to $50 a year is worth the added benefit that otherwise being a heavy spender on the PlayStation Store would make you out to be.

Message 13 of 45 (219 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1122 posts

[ Edited ]
Nov 25, 2013

MADDENKING1980 wrote:
Op, a lot of people feel the same way you do. Even though everyone on this forum is excited to pay a monthly fee for sub-par online gameplay and a few crappy free games, I know plenty of long time gamers who are not buying a playstation system for the first time because of this money grab by $ony.

Kudos for sticking to your guns op.

Is it a money grab though? Or is it necessary to provide quality gaming to the end user. In order for this quality to continue Sony has required a small fee. I know its been mentioned before, but servers and upkeep are not free. They require maintenance, firmware and hardware upgrades, power to operate, the list goes on. I run and operate a very small and simple server at my house. The cost for just the power it consumes in a year is around $25.00 and I could only imagine how many servers Sony has and how much more advance they are. I don't know if people understand actually how much enterprise servers cost. Even small ones range up to 10k. Just my $.02 

Message 14 of 45 (219 Views)
Sackboy
489 posts

Nov 25, 2013

Garrison64 wrote:

So you're making that whole switch because of $4 per month. Ok. Enjoy your PC.

Its actually $9 a month. Only 4 something when you paying for for the year deal.

Message 15 of 45 (214 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
2410 posts

Nov 25, 2013

Kali_boiz_4life wrote:

Garrison64 wrote:

So you're making that whole switch because of $4 per month. Ok. Enjoy your PC.

Its actually $9 a month. Only 4 something when you paying for for the year deal.

If you're smart, you'll pay for the year. How many people really pay monthly?

Message 16 of 45 (206 Views)
Uncharted Territory
1590 posts

Nov 25, 2013

TonsofPuppies wrote:

Wow, that post. What a worthless piece of drivel. The PlayStation community will not be mourning the loss of you.

Are you kidding? Of course we care about some random person who we know nothing of quiting.

Message 17 of 45 (198 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3152 posts

Nov 25, 2013
@ liquid panda.
We'll see, if it's a better, more stable psn and sony is willing to ban cheaters and glitchers who ruin online games, then it will be worth it. If sony uses the money for improvements and new cool features, then people wont complain.

If the ps4's network is jailbroken, hacked and cheaters run free like on the ps3 and ps2 's online network, this charging for online gameplay stunt could really blow up in Sony's face.
Message 18 of 45 (197 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
7738 posts

Nov 25, 2013

MADDENKING1980 wrote:
@ liquid panda.
If the ps4's network is jailbroken, hacked and cheaters run free like on the ps3 and ps2 's online network, this charging for online gameplay stunt could really blow up in Sony's face.

Just like how it blew up in Microsoft's face when the 360 was Jtagged back in the late 2000's?

Oh wait. :smileyindifferent:

Message 19 of 45 (181 Views)
PlayStation MVP
26455 posts

Nov 25, 2013

numone17 wrote:

Been a  PlayStation gamer since ps1. Now that i'll have to pay for the ps plus membership to play online, I'll be going to PC. That was one thing PlayStation had going for them over say.....xbox. Now it's just the same money hungry bs. If ps plus had more to offer for games in the genre I like, it would be a different story. But ps plus is generated towards kids and the kid games they play. Big fail on PlayStation. 

Message 20 of 45 (178 Views)