Apr 07 2013
By: CaLhOuN5 First Son 24 posts

Buying a PSVITA

7 replies 225 views Edited Apr 7, 2013

Whats up everyone. I need some advice on buying a PSVITA or not?? I want to know what you guys think of it and if you have one why should I buy one! I know the PS4 is coming out this year and is the main reason why I am thinking about buying a VITA. Any suggestion would be appreciated! 

Thank You PSCommunity! 

Message 1 of 8 (225 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
11375 posts

Re: Buying a PSVITA

Apr 7, 2013

I've had a Vita since day one (Wifi version) and play on it almost every day.  I've also had PS+ since the day it was released, so that has a big impact on the number of games I have for it.

PSVita + PS+ + 32GB memory card = a worthy handheld gaming device.  The playability value of the PSVita will likely quadruple when the PS4 comes out later this year, since Sony has already stated that PS4 remote play will be enabled across the board (minus games that require PS4 specific functions - i.e. the PS Camera - or the Move controller).

Message 2 of 8 (222 Views)
Last Guardian
11777 posts

Apr 7, 2013

Personally I do not own a PlayStation Vita. The reason for this is because the Vita lacks much of any desirable software. When buying a Vita you have to ask yourself if there's anything to play on the platform. Are you interested in charting through Uncharted: Golden Abyss? Do you have a great desire to get behind the wheel of ModNation Racers: Road Trip? Is Silent Hill: Book of Memories bound to scare up some joy for you?

While the Vita obviously has games available to it, you have to ask whether you actually want to play the games available now or down the line. If all you're going to be doing is spending $250+ on an accessory to accompany your PlayStation 4 every once in awhile without actually buying games for the Vita all the same, you might come to regret dumping your money on this device in time.

Message 3 of 8 (212 Views)
I Only Post Everything
891 posts

Apr 7, 2013

The best thing to do is look at what games are out now and what games will be coming out soon. Another option the Vita gives you is the ability to play pretty much all the noteworthy PSone games as well as PSP.

I've had my Vita since December and love it.

photo wizard_zps4173ab5c.png
Message 4 of 8 (209 Views)
Gaming Beast
2120 posts

Apr 7, 2013

If you have never had a psp3000 I would get it first. A ton of games for cheep and a lot less start up cost. I thought the right stick would be great but it is not that importent when playing. And all psp ans ps1 games are downloadable at psn for it when they are not for the vita. If you are just wanting the vita than research the games for what you like and make sure because they are still limited. No need in someone else joining the complaint department with all the others. If you are looking at it for music, video, and apps than do not because as some always say on here, it is a gaming system. They do not care about that a whole lot right now. I like mine but wish there was more to it sometimes. But as you will hear from many remember it has only been in production here for 13 months now. May be more for it when it gets some age on it. 

Happy Gaming.

Message 5 of 8 (204 Views)
Uncharted Territory
2036 posts

Apr 7, 2013
ive had mine since day one (3g model) however, 3g is useless, and i would suggest getting a regular wifi model. also, the vita has some great games, as well as the small ones that can tide you over while on a train ride, or give you a full experience like Golden Abyss or Gravity Rush. While the vita has a lot of great ports, such as Persona 4, it also has a lot of exclusives. However your choice. also ps4 enhances the vita.
Message 6 of 8 (186 Views)
Message 7 of 8 (182 Views)
Highlighted
Lombax Warrior
103 posts

Apr 7, 2013
I have the White one that came with the bundle....I love my Vita....the memory cards are expensive though.....but the vita has an influx of games coming.....I just want more apps...however one thing I do with my Vita is watch movies and shows that have downloaded on my ps3 and on a usb I have connected to my ps3....
Message 8 of 8 (158 Views)