May 04 2013
By: prasanthkumarg First Son 2 posts

Buying PS3

7 replies 191 views Edited May 4, 2013

Hi Friends,

I am planning to buy PS3 ( the latest model). Please guide me which all accessories i will get, ie how many controllers ? 2 persons can play ? blueray device attached ?  how many space will be there ? which all accessories i need to buy extra ?

Message 1 of 8 (191 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
41884 posts

Re: Buying PS3

[ Edited ]
May 5, 2013

prasanthkumarg wrote:

Hi Friends,

I am planning to buy PS3 ( the latest model). Please guide me which all accessories i will get, ie how many controllers ? 2 persons can play ? blueray device attached ?  how many space will be there ? which all accessories i need to buy extra ?

Welcome to the PlayStation Community prasanthkumarg.

The PS3 comes with one controller (DS3), you will require a second controller if you want a second person to be able to play with you, it can play Blu-Ray movies out of the box, no other setup required, as for space that depends on the model PS3 you get, they come in differering sizes of HDD.

As for other accessories, if you going to be using a HDTV then I suggest you get a HDMI cable, the only cables in the box are the old yellow, white, green ones, then there's also the PS Move accessories if you're into that & the PS Eye too, which can be purchased seperately or as part of a Move bumdle.

Hope this helped.

BRIT-KO

CMNTY_SIG_MVP_500x100_002B.jpg

Customer Service - 1-800-345-SONY (7669)
Account & billing Support -1-877-971-SONY (7669)
Available Mon to Fri 8am - 8pm PST
Message 2 of 8 (178 Views)
Limit Breaker
18676 posts

May 4, 2013

Also, a blu-tooth or wired USB headset if you want to take advantage of the ability to talk to other people in online games that most titles support these days.

RE-THINK SALAD

Message 3 of 8 (172 Views)
MVP Support
9851 posts

May 4, 2013

Also you might want to get a bluetooth keyboard. That will help in Playstation Home and for posting on the forums with your PS3. (I am posting this with my PS3 and using my Logitec bluetooth keyboard).

And you might want to get a USB storage device (One with FAT32 format and 2.0 USB) so you can back-up your PS3 data (gamesaves, video, photos, music....etc)

cute-cat.gif

Here's symbols to copy & paste into your friends list comment. ℡ № ª
⇒⇔ ¹ ² ³ ® ™ ‰ © ½ ¼ ¾ ←↑→↓ψ † ‡ ※♪♭♯★ ☆▲▼△▽◆ ◇ ○ ◎ ● ■ □ 回 〓 √∞♂♀ 웃 유
Ω ①②③④⑤⑥⑦⑧⑨⑩⑪⑫⑬⑭⑮⑯⑰⑱⑲⑳ ㎎ ㎏ ㎜ ㎝ ㎞ ㎡ ㏄ ≒ Æ æ η α β ε α₩£ ≡ » « ¶ † εïз ∵
∴ #’〈 〉《 》「」『 』【 】〔 〕ミ 彡 ッ シ!#@ $ %
&()*+,-./0123456789:;<=>?ABCDEFGHIJKLMNOPQRSTUVWXYZabcdefghijklmnopqrstuvwxyz[\
]^_`{|}~¢£ㄻ ㄼ ㄽ ㄾ ㄿ ㅁ ㅂ ㅄ ㅅ ㅆ ㅇ ㅈ ㅊ ㅋ ㅌ ㅍ ㅎㄱ 을 ㄺ卍∃⊥ ∀ Ξ Σ Π 文 ≒≠ ≡≦
≧ⅠⅡⅢ Ⅳ Ⅴ Ⅵ Ⅶ Ⅷ Ⅸ Ⅹ ⅰ ⅱ ⅲ ⅳ ⅴ ⅵ ⅶ ⅷ ⅸ ⅹ¬ ̄ ±∂∩∀∇∠∧∨∩∪∫∬⊂⊃⊥⊿⌒─│┌┐└┘├┤┬┴┼─
━│┃┌┏ ┐┓└┗ ┘┛├┝┠┣ ┤┥┨┫┬ ┯ ┰ ┳ ┴ ┷ ┸ ┻ ┼ ┿ ╂ ╋
Message 4 of 8 (138 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
2 posts

May 5, 2013

Thanks BRIT-KO

So by default , Blue ray is comming with the PS3 right ? could you please suggest some PS3 latest devices ? with high configurations ? (good to play 2 members together ? ) which includes HDMI,keyboard etc etc .

Thanks again for helping 

Message 5 of 8 (118 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
41884 posts

May 5, 2013

prasanthkumarg wrote:

Thanks BRIT-KO

So by default , Blue ray is comming with the PS3 right ? could you please suggest some PS3 latest devices ? with high configurations ? (good to play 2 members together ? ) which includes HDMI,keyboard etc etc .

Thanks again for helping 

Correct, ALL PS3's are able to play Blu-Ray movies, & 3D movies too right out of the box, you'll require a 3D TV to play 3D movies & like i said you'll want to get an HDMI cable if you're using an HDTV.

Here's a link to the official Sony PS3 keyboard:

http://www.amazon.com/PS3-Wireless-Keypad-Playstation-3/dp/B001ENPDJA/ref=sr_1_1?s=videogames&ie=UTF...

Here's a link to the PS EYE:

http://www.amazon.com/PlayStation-Eye-3/dp/B000VTQ3LU/ref=sr_1_1?s=videogames&ie=UTF8&qid=1367721827...

Pretty much any HDMI cable will serve your needs, there's no need to purchase one of those over-priced Monster ones for $50.00, a lot if us have HDMI cables that cost only $5.00 or $10.00 each.

Check out this link for more information on the PS MOVE Items available for purchase.

http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_noss_1?url=search-alias%3Dvideogames&field-keywords=PS%20move

Lastly check out this link for headsets etc:

http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_noss_1?url=search-alias%3Dvideogames&field-keywords=PS%20move

Again I hope this helped, if it didn't answer all your needs the let us know & we'll try to help some more.

BRIT-KO

P.S. I hate to want to throw a spanner in your plans so to speak, but the PS4 is coming out this Christmas, it wil supersede the PS3 in some ways & in turn that will likely mean that the nearer we get to release date the cost of some PS3 items will likely drop!

Just saying!

CMNTY_SIG_MVP_500x100_002B.jpg

Customer Service - 1-800-345-SONY (7669)
Account & billing Support -1-877-971-SONY (7669)
Available Mon to Fri 8am - 8pm PST
Message 6 of 8 (106 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1873 posts

May 5, 2013

Buy two controllers, Ethernet cord (if you have a plug in slot for one), Blu-ray remote (if you watch a lot of movies). You don't need to purchase any extra charge stations because u can charge the controllers via usb through the ps3 but the console has to be on while you plug charge.

PSN: Deadly_Rabbit123
XBL: BruteForce94

Proud Owner of Xbox One and PS4
Message 7 of 8 (79 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
Ghost of Sparta
15956 posts

May 5, 2013

The Blu-ray disc drive is standard in all PS3's. All retail games are on blu-ray and you can play and BR movie in the PS3. Every PS3 comes with a PS3 dualshock 3. You can always buy an extra one though if you want. Or get a PS3 game bundle that comes with an extra controller. You'll also want an extra long USB cable for charging your controllers while playing. You will also need to buy the HDMI cable seperately for playing games in HD.  I also highly reccomend buying Sony's Bluetooth headset 2.0. The system does not include a headset for online communication and you'll need one. Now, Most PS3's come with a fairly big HDD. But you can upgrade your HDD up to 1 T. Just buy a notebook serial ata HDD from any computer store and BOOM, you have a bigger HDD. Or keep the HDD that's already in  the PS3, your choice. Finally, there's Playstation move. It's Sony's motion controller. It's accuate and has both casual and core games that support it. It's optional hardware, but worth considereing. Other than that, get get games. The PS3 has a soliod 1st party line-upo and is supported extremely well with 3rd party games. There's also digital games you can buy off the PS store and arcade games. So, have fun!  

Multisystem owner. PlayStation owner since 2000. Inaugural PS Plus member:Legendary status. Former PS forum MVP with a launch PS3 & PS4.

Message 8 of 8 (64 Views)
0 Likes