May 06 2012
By: soldier_OM First Son 1 posts

Buyer's Remorse

2 replies 540 views Edited May 6, 2012

I've been pretty appreciative of Playstation and all contributors ever since I started off playing Final Fantasy 7 back in 1996. Gaming has been and always will be an outlet for building relationships and zoning out from some of the mundane and not so mundane tasks of the US military. There is an inevitable and reoccuring itch however, when it comes to the PS Vita. When it was released in North America, there was the lack of downloadable game titles I had purchased for the PSP. They are no longer available for the PS Vita. I had to look for what games were available to download.. So okay it happened and maybe there's nothing I can do about it and that's cool. I have to mention though, that over the few months since the PS Vita has been out, I've developed a buyer's remorse for what I had originally thought was the next gen in handheld gaming.

I have no quarrels with the capabilities of the PS Vita, but when Sony, Playstation, developers, or whoever advertised that the PS Vita will have backwards compatibility with PSP titles, I can't help but feeling misled. Where was the blinding and glaring article that the there would only be select PSP titles. Just how magnificent is PS Vita if we aren't able to use what we had purchased and had thought had been originally guaranteed?

Where are the games that I had purchased with my hard earned money? More specifically, where is Phantasy Star Portable 2 and the classic Final Fantasy titles I had purchased? They are not available, that's what. Writing this kind of message is something out of the ordinary for me, but I would be be doing you Sony, Playstation, developers, or whoever an injustice as a long time consumer of your products if I hadn't done so. I even kept to the rule of sleeping on it, but here I am logging into Playstation.com just to write this message.

What gets me the most is, that there hasn't been and I don't expect an announcement for re-release of Phantasy Star Portable 2 and the classic FF titles. I've seen posts all over the internet about the request for these titles. So, what is the deal for not spilling the beans? Do you want to continue misleading your loyal customers from making a decision against purchasing your products? If I had known what I do now, I would have kept my money in the bank.

Or, is it the fact that you want more money out of your loyal customers? If that's what you want, I, along with many other games will easily pay (10 USD) for you to re-release Phantasy Star Portable 2, a game most of us had already purchased. The funny thing is, that it shouldn't even be necessary. Informing your customers is what you Sony, Playstation, developers, and whoever should do.

That is your responsibility. So, where is my Phantasy Star Portable 2?

Message 1 of 3 (540 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
623 posts

Re: Buyer's Remorse

May 17, 2012

yawn

"When you look in the mirror, what do you see? Do you see the real you, or what you have been conditioned to believe is you? The two are so, so different. One is an infinite consciousness capable of being and creating whatever it chooses, the other is an illusion imprisoned by its own perceived and programmed limitations."
David Icke
Message 2 of 3 (540 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
216 posts

Re: Buyer's Remorse

Jun 9, 2012

I feel your pain brother! I bought the Vita because I wanted to play Phantasy Star Portable 2 like it's meant to be played, with dual sticks! I was confused when I couldn't find it on the PSN and enraged by the fact that Sony and Sega refuse to give the community any answers as to why it's no longer up or if it's ever coming back!

Message 3 of 3 (540 Views)
0 Likes